Skip to content

Match day thread: Rotherham

Comments

• We cant just keep kicking people out just because they have a different opinion ! The more people that post here the better.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    We cant just keep kicking people out just because they have a different opinion ! The more people that post here the better.

Very rare that anyone actually gets the boot here as far as I know, and usually for deliberately being twattish rather than disagreeing.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    We cant just keep kicking people out just because they have a different opinion ! The more people that post here the better.

who's been kicked out for having a different opinion?

• Nobody. I'm also not going to kick out @davecz for his one opinion. I'm pretty thick skinned and you're all free to abuse me to your hearts' content.

• @drcongo said:
    Nobody. I'm also not going to kick out @davecz for his one opinion. I'm pretty thick skinned and you're all free to abuse me to your hearts' content.

Bell End

• @drcongo said:
    Nobody. I'm also not going to kick out @davecz for his one opinion. I'm pretty thick skinned and you're all free to abuse me to your hearts' content.

Wanker.

• LX1LX1
    edited September 2020

@Malone said:

@drcongo said:
    I think Rotherham are far from the easiest game we’ll have this season, it’s always a bit of a battle with them. They’re used to playing us, and actually do “know what they’re going to get with Wycombe”, there’s plenty of teams in this division though who have no experience of playing us or even anyone who plays like we do. That’s where I hope we can pick up a few points.

Second half we really weren’t in it at all though which is a little concerning.

Hope you're right on this brother.

We need to remember the positives from the first half and work on those.

We certainly can't afford to waste that couple of supreme chances we had today though.
    That Horgan chance 80-90secs in has to go in.

That was so frustrating. I love Kashket but have to question his touch. Had a good chance against Brentford and could have done better with the above. His pace make him so dangerous though I would always start him.

• @HolmerBlue said:

Calm down, dears! I think it's only the various Dr Who like regenerations of richie who actually get the boot...

• @davecz said:
    @drcongo - I may be moany or a windup up merchant but clearly not as sad as you.!!!

Are you a reincarnation of Richie and that old bird?

• @Malone - not picking a fight with anyone , not my style. But come on putting all of someone’s posts up because you disagree with someone’s point of view, is pretty sad. All posters have opinions which will invariably differ. Just go with the flow.

• @mooneyman said:

@davecz said:
    @drcongo - I may be moany or a windup up merchant but clearly not as sad as you.!!!

Are you a reincarnation of Richie and that old bird?

To be fair @davecz posts are generally more than one line and do not include LOL. Also he worries if we are or are not going to sign players, and if we do if they are good enough for this league whereas richie would predict players about to arrive (or not) and their wages. Before being unable to resist slagging off Gareth, the team, someone in the backroom set-up he did not like...or another Gasroomer before the congo guillotine came down.

• @drcongo said:

Tory

• Sorry I appreciate that is banning level insult

• I immediately retract it

• There's a line a man just doesn't cross @bookertease

• Also on the bright side I did not notice the traditional @trevor 'This is sh*t...' during the game on Saturday. Is he on holiday?

• Trev's been cheerful and positive lately. I for one welcome our new cheerful Trevor overlord.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Also on the bright side I did not notice the traditional @trevor 'This is sh*t...' during the game on Saturday. Is he on holiday?

I suggest you don’t scroll back to page 1 of this thread. There was a ‘Bloomfield is sh*t” comment just after he got booked - followed closely by you quoting it!!

• @bookertease said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Also on the bright side I did not notice the traditional @trevor 'This is sh*t...' during the game on Saturday. Is he on holiday?

I suggest you don’t scroll back to page 1 of this thread. There was a ‘Bloomfield is sh*t” comment just after he got booked - followed closely by you quoting it!!

My God...first the Olympic standard athletic body went and now it's the memory...thanks @bookertease!

• To be fair he did not say Bloomfield was sh*t...only that he should not be starting for us in the Championship so I stand by my original post! :smiley:

• @bookertease said:

@Wendoverman said:

It wouldn't be the start of a season if someone hadn't abused Bloomfield.

• Not the same level I know but similarly i recall my forest supporting family very vocal about the shortcomings of John McGovern...how does he keep getting picked? A man who won two league titles and two european cups as captain! He was apparently a useless muppet...

• @drcongo - I am so grateful that you are not going to kick me out for my ONE opinion.!!!!!!!! Surely the whole point of a fans forum is to have a range of views.To me it seems too many toe the company line and if you step out of line , you get hammered( to me, all part of the fun) We are not going to agree all the time. We all know Ainsworth has done an unbelievable job. We all know the club’s financial position. But if you got something to say about management, players and what’s happening with our club, just say it and enjoy the banter.

• It is true everyone here is a sheep toeing the company line and it takes a brave poster to say something everyone does not agree with. Share this quickly before it gets taken down by The Man.

• Wow. That is a stat.

As a side question I wonder if refs are adding all the time on caused by players fishing balls out of the stand.

• It did feel like the red was blowing his whistle every twenty seconds. I guess that’s exacerbated by the lack of crowd noise.

• A bit of a tangent, and apologies if the building works timeline has already been posted somewhere but @bluntphil kept mentioning our lack of floodlights at present...anyone know when these are supposed to be returning?

• I guess they will need to be ready and tested by the Millwall game on 17th October as the Swansea home game is another early kick off.