Skip to content

New kit

Comments

• @chairboyscentral said:
    If you make a kit people like, they'll buy it regardless of how many times the team is likely to play in it. Makes sense to have a third one if it's done well.

Not sure how true that is, despite the commemorative one, or how many people have several current ones at a time, but having a good range won't do any harm catering for different tastes.

• @floyd said:
    Our finest collar arrangement was the 94/95 shirt, which managed to have a badge inside the v-neck.

The Vandanel/Verco number? Another of my faves. Still massive on me today, and I was 12 back then...

• Dreams have been very clever with their 3 year deal. They have clearly analyzed our current pattern of "promotion-survive-promotion" and made sure they are still our sponsor in our first Premier League season.

• As long as the bring back the big yellow numbers from the 70's, they could run out in quartered dresses as far as I'm concerned.

• I must admit as I do not shoehorn myself into either a Home or Away shirt I don't follow the progress of kits that much...was the tomato soup one abandoned? I quite liked that one.

• I’m officially too old to contribute to this thread. The disappointment will still cut deep to the heart nonetheless.

• @Shev said:
    Dreams have been very clever with their 3 year deal. They have clearly analyzed our current pattern of "promotion-survive-promotion" and made sure they are still our sponsor in our first Premier League season.

Is your maths off a bit?

• edited August 2020

@glasshalfempty said:
    I’m officially too old to contribute to this thread. The disappointment will still cut deep to the heart nonetheless.

Being disappointed before it's even been revealed is a bit sad. Cheer up.

And you can only be pretty late 40s, so on this site, you're still a youngster!

• @Wendoverman said:
    I must admit as I do not shoehorn myself into either a Home or Away shirt I don't follow the progress of kits that much...was the tomato soup one abandoned? I quite liked that one.

I thought football kit sizes generally went up to XXXL.

• i’d have thought a sure way of cheering Alan Parry up would be to say he looks mid/late 40s.

He must be around 70 surely.

I on the other hand look and am 23. I have been for decades now....

• Wrong glass

• edited August 2020

@StrongestTeam said:

@Shev said:
    Dreams have been very clever with their 3 year deal. They have clearly analyzed our current pattern of "promotion-survive-promotion" and made sure they are still our sponsor in our first Premier League season.

Is your maths off a bit?

I had it as:

First year in Champ: Survive
    Second year in Champ: Promotion
    First year in Prem: Survive

...as an extension of the current pattern of alternating.

Disclaimer: I do not think we will be in the Prem any time soon!

• Right glass, wrong perspective surely?

• @Shev said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@Shev said:

Is your maths off a bit?

I had it as:

First year in Champ: Survive
    Second year in Champ: Promotion
    First year in Prem: Survive

...as an extension of the current pattern of alternating.

Disclaimer: I do not think we will be in the Prem any time soon!

All depends on who the Couhigs sell us to.

After all, their aim was always to "do us up", get us to the championship, then move us on wasn't it?

It's just that no-one at all thought it'd be in the first season we'd go up!

• If we are not in the Premier by 2022 heads will roll @Shev!

• @OakwoodExile said:
    Right glass, wrong perspective surely?

Nah, just wrong glass and wrong perspective knowing our glasshalfempty.

• Oops yes.
    Maybe I’ve been 23 for longer than I realised

• @Malone said:

After all, their aim was always to "do us up", get us to the championship, then move us on wasn't it?

@Malone was that in the prospectus...or just what was decided on here?

• @mooneyman said:

@Wendoverman said:
    I must admit as I do not shoehorn myself into either a Home or Away shirt I don't follow the progress of kits that much...was the tomato soup one abandoned? I quite liked that one.

I thought football kit sizes generally went up to XXXL.

It's been a long lock-down. Working from home.
    Very close to the fridge. I might just get a pennant for my electric obescycle.

• shame about the sponsor. Thought it might be G-Plan or Murrays.

• The PR & Marketing teams as well as journos etc will have so much fun with the sponsor though, just wait for the line about "plucky Wanderers wearing their dreams on their chests and their hearts on their sleeves" or some such

• 'I would fall asleep watching that every week...'

• @Wendoverman said:

@Malone said:

I thought it was a direct quote, but might be mis-remembering / totally making it up.

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:

@Malone said:

I thought it was a direct quote, but might be mis-remembering / totally making it up.

Mr Carrots and marlowchair would have had a field day with that quote! :smiley:

• @Wendoverman said:

@Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:

@Malone said:

Mr Carrots and marlowchair would have had a field day with that quote! :smiley:

Easy son. Any reference to Marlow chair and his certainty that Gareth was off, doesn't half get a few peoples' jock straps itchy.

Carrots less so, as he was very, very obviously the admin assistant to the partnership.

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    The PR & Marketing teams as well as journos etc will have so much fun with the sponsor though, just wait for the line about "plucky Wanderers wearing their dreams on their chests and their hearts on their sleeves" or some such

The sponsors have been telling a story. "Promotion from League Two was a nice (Beechdean) Ice Cream, with winning the League One playoffs being the Cherry (Red Records) on top. Now our Dreams are about to come true."

Next sponsor: Tic-Tacs, to comment on our Tiki-Taka style of play.

• Portakabin would tie in perfectly with our shithouse approach.

• @our_frank said:
    shame about the sponsor. Thought it might be G-Plan or Murrays.

Scorpion Records or Stewart & Arnold, please.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Alexo said:

@StrongestTeam said:
    Love the current kit and you'd have to admit the swan, the Baz goalie shirts and the quick look at the new 3rd kit we got show they aren't wed to easy templates. I find it difficult to believe people are offering us more money and we are turning it down either so O'Neill's must work on that level too.

Quick look at the new third kit?

Pete Couhig apparently had it in the back of shot in a Chairboys live, someone asked him months later and he confirmed, multi coloured arm bits, someone can fish it out from his Twitter probably.

Nar, that was a goalie kit hint not 3rd kit. Apparently New Orleans traditional Mardi Gras colours.

• @PBo said:

@our_frank said:
    shame about the sponsor. Thought it might be G-Plan or Murrays.

Scorpion Records or Stewart & Arnold, please.

BroomWade for me