Skip to content

New kit

14567810»

Comments

• @thecatwwfc said:
    I think this one would have looked nice with white shorts and "hooped" socks

Love hooped socks myself ! Agree with all that have said white shorts as well

• Clearly new kits can cause some excitement and different opinions but the more important and certainly more exciting news is the announcement of new players. That’s what I’m waiting for.Hopefully we get some soon.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Manboobs said:
    Alas no collar but I am quite keen. Having just been lured into getting the “playoff final” shirt I’ll keep my powder dry now until the spring when we win promotion and a cup in it. Although that keeper change kit is quite compelling. Wearing it I might be tempted join the illegal rave scene.

Won't be able to hide from the feds in that

Yes but when I slip on the first choice keepers kit as the sirens draw closer I’ll be able to slip away into the night as unnoticeable as the class in Derek Adams.

• A light and dark blue quartered shirt. Tick.

That's as far as my new shirt expertise goes.

• Argggh, printing on the back of the shirt only permits up to ten letters so I can't get 'Championship 20' as planned. Damn it!

• Can you get 1.74 for the number?

• A limit of 2 numbers, so no I don't think so

• There must be an unofficial outlet that would put that on the back of the shirt @Glenactico. Either that or you'll have to sew them on yourself ...

• Saw someone on fb suggesting he won't get a kit being a 40 year old.

Is there really any sort of age cut off where it becomes unseemly? Surely not.

Similar question on the player name on back? Ok? Or just for premier league teams or if you're a kid?

I had Devine 10 once. Vaguely considered Bayo 4 years ago but back then numbering and lettering wasn't as easy as it looks now.

• @Malone said:
    Saw someone on fb suggesting he won't get a kit being a 40 year old.

Never a football shirt wearer myself but I have seen some sights @Malone for which the word 'unseemly' would have been quite inadequate.

• I am 41, and I will be all over this shirt, though I don't put a player name on the back.

To me, the option of wearing a shirt (if one is so inclined) is a way of expressing unity with "the tribe", so to speak. No need to do it, but certainly not something you have to grow out of.

• @Shev said:
    I am 41, and I will be all over this shirt, though I don't put a player name on the back.

To me, the option of wearing a shirt (if one is so inclined) is a way of expressing unity with "the tribe", so to speak. No need to do it, but certainly not something you have to grow out of.

Lots of our best players are "of a certain age", I want this shirt to last two years, who knows where any of us will be by then. Apart from the Champions League obviously.

• I'm still unclear on whether it's a one or two-year shirt. Have the club rules been changed? All the promo refers to as the 2020/21 kit - rather than 2020-2022.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I'm still unclear on whether it's a one or two-year shirt. Have the club rules been changed? All the promo refers to as the 2020/21 kit - rather than 2020-2022.

Would have to look at previous year wording.
    I imagine it's simply the club concentrating on the upcoming season rather than it being a statement of intent on years.

I'm still unclear on whether it's a one or two-year shirt. Have the club rules been changed? All the promo refers to as the 2020/21 kit - rather than 2020-2022.

It would be sensible to have a new kit for our inaugural season in the Premier!

Depends when our deal with O'Neills runs out I guess. Next season in the Prem we will have our pick of the bunch.

• Does that mean the end of this season or next season inclusive? So cryptic

• @Malone said:
    Saw someone on fb suggesting he won't get a kit being a 40 year old.

Similar question on the player name on back? Ok? Or just for premier league teams or if you're a kid?

I had Devine 10 once. Vaguely considered Bayo 4 years ago but back then numbering and lettering wasn't as easy as it looks now.

At the end of row A, block Q in the Frank Adams stand there sits an 85 year old gentleman with replica shirt and, in the warmest weather, replica shorts and the most impressively bronzed (mahogany) legs you ever did see.
    NB I don’t mean he has wooden legs.

• Not the wooden chief is it @micra ?

• No, considerably shorter @Ozzie_the_Relaxed.

• It's acceptable to get a name on your shirt then.

@micra said so.

• Did I @Malone ? If you say so, I must have done.