Skip to content

PPG Applied in France

Comments

• Positive news. Let's hope it stays at 0 positives.

• How often do they intend to retest the players?

However this has come about this seems to be very good news for a 4 team playoff.

• Seems very odd to release this info yet not confirm both the teams and that the vote situation is resolved

• Colour me very surprised by this development.

• The BBC are reporting Oxford back to training
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52956063

• Although reports coming through that only three sides were able to be tested in Oxford.

• Will be interesting to see if that stays at zero on the next testing round

• So does anyone know if we trained today?

• @floyd said:
    So does anyone know if we trained today?

Yep. Confirmed by the ever reliable source of Bayo's Insta story.

• @chairboyscentral said:

@floyd said:
    So does anyone know if we trained today?

Yep. Confirmed by the ever reliable source of Bayo's Insta story.

He doesn't train on Mondays though.

• Am sure i'd seen some kind of Booker spy report that we trained the other day too.

Why are the league clearly setting things in motion, yet making out like it's all to be decided still?!

• @Malone said:
    Am sure i'd seen some kind of Booker spy report that we trained the other day too.

Why are the league clearly setting things in motion, yet making out like it's all to be decided still?!

To build up the suspense @Malone!

• @mooneyman said:

@Malone said:
    Am sure i'd seen some kind of Booker spy report that we trained the other day too.

To build up the suspense @Malone!

Some of us are on furlough, and struggling to work out what day it is as it is.
    Let alone with this all dragging out.

• I'm really not sure whether to credit the EFL with taking a bit of initiative finally or agree it's prejudicial to any vote, with so much agro around the decision it doesn't seem entirely wise to do this on the quiet.

• @StrongestTeam said:

I'm really not sure whether to credit the EFL with taking a bit of initiative finally or agree it's prejudicial to any vote, with so much agro around the decision it doesn't seem entirely wise to do this on the quiet.

It's not really that on the quiet if they are publishing that they have tested 4 clubs and clearly haven't forbidden the said teams to mention anything. Oxford announced back to training etc and bayo confirming today that we are back training

• @StrongestTeam said:
    I'm really not sure whether to credit the EFL with taking a bit of initiative finally or agree it's prejudicial to any vote, with so much agro around the decision it doesn't seem entirely wise to do this on the quiet.

I suppose they're thinking that the vote will go 2 ways - 4 teams play, or all teams play.
    So allowing those 4 teams to start training now in a way doesn't have any loss, as they'll have games either way.

It just seems a strange way of conducting themselves, unless the vote has taken place, or they've asked all clubs already on the low.

• Good point, @Malone. This whole thing is so surreal, either way. We may be a day away from actually having League One playoff games to look forward to...but behind closed doors.

• Oh well. At least we’ll be able to go down the pub and watch it on Sky...

• Well according to their local journalist / gobsh*te we are Peterboroughs major rivals now. How dare we be better than them?

• @Brownie said:
    Well according to their local journalist / gobsh*te we are Peterboroughs major rivals now. How dare we be better than them?

We already have Oxford and Rovers protesting a bit too much and a bit too frequently about how we're no rivals of theirs. We don't need a third lot.

Imagine going up, and escaping these teams, superb.

• How great would it be if it was announced that Rob has voted to play out the remaining fixtures. They would presumably have nothing for the back pages of the Peterborough local rag if that happened.

• The very last thing we need is another fake twitter rivalry.

• If it means bigger away gates of deluded angry fans, I say bring on the rivalries!

• @Brownie said:
    Well according to their local journalist / gobsh*te we are Peterboroughs major rivals now. How dare we be better than them?

Peterborough’s main rival throughout all of this has been reality.

• Over on the Sunderland forum they are calling us cheaters and hoping we go bust. Maths is clearly not the strong suit of many of our rival fans (3 games being much cheaper than 10-13 games).

• @Shev said:
    Over on the Sunderland forum they are calling us cheaters and hoping we go bust. Maths is clearly not the strong suit of many of our rival fans (3 games being much cheaper than 10-13 games).

I've seen some of our own fans say it's hypocritical being willing to play playoffs after choosing to vote against completing the full season.

It seems baffling, as the two things are separate.

1) Finish the season now, or play it in full.
    We simply can't afford the latter.

2) How does the league then proceed - PPG playoffs
    This is totally out of our hands - the league have decided, and it'd be mad to decide we will opt out. If you can even do that without a rebuke from the league anyway?!