Skip to content

Match day thread: Milton Keynes

1234568»

Comments

• Isn't the away end at Fratton Park like Kenilworth Road, though? Seats bolted onto an old terrace and naff all leg room?

• @micra said:
    Try Fratton Park.

Good shout.
    When I've gone there, they clamp down on people standing up even temporarily.

Let alone standing the whole game all over the stand.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Isn't the away end at Fratton Park like Kenilworth Road, though? Seats bolted onto an old terrace and naff all leg room?

Yep, not quite as bad, but as the shortest by in my group by a few inches at 6ft, sitting wasn't really an option

• At the game before last there a large number of young lads in a couple of rows in front of us (second and third rows from the front) started to arrive (seemingly quite sozzled) and adopted standing positions a few minutes before kick off. We had to move back seven or eight rows to find four seats together. Irritating but soluble.

• I should have added that on that occasion there was no intervention whatsoever by stewards. Probably at the back confiscating drumsticks.

• Saw a few fb posters talking about our "daytripper" fans.

Is Oxford or MK a "daytrip?"

They're the two closest games!

• I'm sure it was meant in a nice inclusive way.

• edited February 2020

Daytrippers are just the people that only turn up for the "big" or easy occasions.

Just means that there's plenty of fans there that don't follow the unwritten rules that more regular away travellers follow - probably the reason why the back rows were filled with people sitting down early on.

I don't always necessarily see it as an insult... A light jibe at worst

• As a Plastic Occasional Daytripper I cannot help but admire the fortitude, bladder and seemingly bottomless wallets of the true fan.

• @Username said:
    Daytrippers are just the people that only turn up for the "big" or easy occasions.

Just means that there's plenty of fans there that don't follow the unwritten rules that more regular away travellers follow - probably the reason why the back rows were filled with people sitting down early on.

I'm a "daytripper" by your standards then.
    25 years of season tickets but I'll be honest..for aways i pick the big or easy games.

• @Wendoverman said:
    As a Plastic Occasional Daytripper I cannot help but admire the fortitude, bladder and seemingly bottomless wallets of the true fan.

Out bantz aside it is a real outlay.

Call it an average £23.72 for a ticket, average £23.18 for travel.
    £20-30 on food or booze.

X20 odd.
    That's an outlay!

• @Malone said:

@Username said:

I'm a "daytripper" by your standards then.
    25 years of season tickets but I'll be honest..for aways i pick the big or easy games.

I have been in some seasons, especially during university.

• Getting on for £1500. Chicken feed @Malone.

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:
    As a Plastic Occasional Daytripper I cannot help but admire the fortitude, bladder and seemingly bottomless wallets of the true fan.

Out bantz aside it is a real outlay.

Call it an average £23.72 for a ticket, average £23.18 for travel.
    £20-30 on food or booze.

X20 odd.
    That's an outlay!

Not to mention irritating wife, spawn, friends and other relatives by never having a free weekend, limbs and having to smuggling in booze and flares! Exhausting.

• @micra said:
    Getting on for £1500. Chicken feed @Malone.

That's @Wendoverman's annual spend on crisps!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Not to mention irritating wife.

I hope she doesn’t read the gasroom.

• @drcongo said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Not to mention irritating wife.

I hope she doesn’t read the gasroom.

Too busy planning my.non football weekends doc ?

• Used to do it more myself in the early 90's but easier then as no mortgage, family etc would be tough to do now so I too now fall into the "day tripper" category....