Skip to content

Match day thread: Blackpool

123457»

Comments

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I don't think it's a great look when a player is allowed to go off on a jolly (even if it's probably technically work) on a match weekend, but they could at least say that's what he's doing - fans will quickly figure it out anyway.

Hopefully he'll come out with some anti franchise stuff at some point

• edited January 2020

@eric_plant Looking at the MK forum I think he already has some form in that area!

eg:

'Akinfatty can expect some kind of reaction to this, I’d say:

... 63072?s=21

Both from on and off the pitch.'

• Boycotting a franchise to watch two franchises?

• edited January 2020

for some reason it will not post the link...soz.

• @Manboobs said:

@chairboyscentral said:

@Manboobs said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Bayo will be at the SuperBowl this weekend so I'm guessing all the doubters will get some evidence on Saturday

If he’s seen in a Chiefs jersey then I’m removing his signature from my signed shirt. With A Silver and Black pen.

On the other hand, if he's seen in a Niners jersey, I will forgive him ?

If he’s seen in a Raiders shirt I will marry him!

Always imagined you @Manboobs as a bloke with a slightly chubby chest; do I now have to adjust the image?

• It's an outrage someone we pay is away on a jolly abroad.

He should be on our bench not ruining our Barcelona esque football extravaganza.

• @peterparrotface said:
    Imagine what a legend a player would be if they took the week off for Cheltenham, or went out with the Barmy Army for the winter tests. I think people would be pleased to see the honesty.

Wheeler is probably the only member of the squad I can imagine going to Cheltenham Literature Festival. I'm not sure what winter tests are though, something to do with special snow tyres?

• @drcongo said:

@peterparrotface said:
    Imagine what a legend a player would be if they took the week off for Cheltenham, or went out with the Barmy Army for the winter tests. I think people would be pleased to see the honesty.

Wheeler is probably the only member of the squad I can imagine going to Cheltenham Literature Festival. I'm not sure what winter tests are though, something to do with special snow tyres?

I suspect JJ is one of them readers as well doc.

'Joe and David will be unavailable for the next two games as they will be spending this week at the Hay Book Festival. '

• 'Fred is on a secret mission for MI6 and we cannot tell you anything else about it.'

• Darius Charles reads an awful lot by the looks of things.

• @drcongo said:

@peterparrotface said:

Cricket ?

I think compared to most squads of footballers we have a fair few who are more "cultured". JJ, Blooms, Wheeler and Sido are the most obvious pick outs, but others too.

• I've certainly had the pleasure of Blooms (and Matt Cecil's) company at a Lords T20.

Darius Charles reads an awful lot by the looks of things.

As does Josh Parker - mostly mindfulness/ vegan stuff.

• @micra said:

@Manboobs said:

@chairboyscentral said:

@Manboobs said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Bayo will be at the SuperBowl this weekend so I'm guessing all the doubters will get some evidence on Saturday

If he’s seen in a Chiefs jersey then I’m removing his signature from my signed shirt. With A Silver and Black pen.

On the other hand, if he's seen in a Niners jersey, I will forgive him ?

If he’s seen in a Raiders shirt I will marry him!

Always imagined you @Manboobs as a bloke with a slightly chubby chest; do I now have to adjust the image?

Ah @micra it is the liberated 2020s - Bayo and I can marry whomsoever we want. Although Mrs Moobs may have something to say about it. And as for my chubbieness - that’s more waist than torso. Not helped by onsite Rebellion.

• Having watched game on Tuesday Blackpool came to life in the second half when they introduced the number 15 who scored the goal and made them tick. As he is on loan from Leicester City he could be a loan target for the future.

• I find it absolutely incredible that people even like American football... awful scenes

• Reminds me of our non league days when Mick Holifield a very useful midfield player used to go on a ski holiday every January.

What are these "books" being mentioned.
    Must be some sort of wannabe intellectual ;)

• @Malone said:
    It's an outrage someone we pay is away on a jolly abroad.

He should be on our bench not ruining our Barcelona esque football extravaganza.

Great post @Malone - positively Wendoverian.

• pegarle al hombre grande

• Hit the big man?

• Long balls?

• @Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

What are these "books" being mentioned.
    Must be some sort of wannabe intellectual ;)