Skip to content

Match day thread: Blackpool

Comments

• Holy shit.

• Oh my!!

• Right. Every game now, players in early.

• Is it Henry Blofeld commentating on i follow?

• This is some good football.

• I’ve seen us have worse opening 10 minutes

• Im actually now sat 'The Oarsman' marlow as i didn't think the game would go ahead?

• You’ll only be missing us play hoofball @bigred87 so I doubt your missing much

• Does anyone know if JJ is injured or just being rested?

• @bookertease said:
    You’ll only be missing us play hoofball @bigred87 so I doubt your missing much

Hey nasty

• @thedieharder Muscle injury apparently.

• This could be the first game ever where the opposition fans don’t wonder how we watch this every week.

Tom could maybe confirm, but feels like we've created more chances in the first half hour of this than the last 5 games combined.

• At least it's good too see Mascoll getting more minutes!

• Some very nice stuff.

• Lovely stuff. Great goal from Freeman, however if he and McCarthy could find the final ball we'd be about 5 up!

• Two goals from open play loads of shots and opposition hoofing and hoping . Hopefully yet another lucky win against a team on a bad run.

• @bigred87 said:

@bookertease said:

Hey nasty

Sorry

• @bookertease said:

@bigred87 said:

@bookertease said:

Hey nasty

Sorry

Its ok

• we better not fuck this up

• Scary second half. Samuel for man of the match, special mention for Mascoll though who I thought was fantastic today - some really intelligent play.

• Agree about Mascoll and Samuel, both excellent.

Started superbly, once the goal went in we really did prove we can knock it around quickly, keeping possession.

Second half, if Bloomfield scores the chance (where he has about 4 foot of the goal to aim at freely) it's a comfy win. After that we seemed incapable of just keeping the ball. Midfielders lumping it forward like a mine whenever it landed near them. A moment highlighted that towards the end, in which the ball bounces near Thompson and instead of taking a touch, he drops to a diving header around knee height. Really do need to learn how to keep possession when we need to.

Still, an excellent three points and much to be optimistic about!

• @thedieharder said:
    At least it's good too see Mascoll getting more minutes!

He played well to be fair.

• A very good win in the end, just need more of the first half performance throughout the whole game! It was as if we didn't know what to do once we found ourselves 2-0 up and cruising. Really need to keep the ball in the last few minutes, could easily have thrown that away. Samuel fair MOTM and Stockdale very solid on his second debut.

• Nah, I'm pretty sure Stockdale can't have a second debut for Wycombe as a keeper that's a contradiction (but I know what you mean).

Did that shot Blackpool scored from take a deflection? It seemed to dip and swerve wildly to beat Stockdale for their goal. Resulted in a far too nervous finish given our earlier domination.

• I think there was a deflection for their goal but the first 45 was the best I've seen us play for a long time.

• Samuel with one of his best halves for us.

Looked like a young Michael Owen storming through for that second goal!

Bit worrying how we let them back into the game from such a coasting position but we can allow it in a very unusual situation.

• They made a triple sub and improved markedly tbh, we defended gallantly but they controlled the beast for the most part when he came on and we lost the pressure on their keeper.

Back five were superb today. We needed the early goal and got it. Agree with needing to keep it better when leading but ... not the Wycombe way?

• Interesting to hear a goalkeeper described as lacking match fitness. I thought he was absolutely fine!

• edited January 2020

First half: we were great and they were cack.

Last thirty minutes: opposite.

In the end, glad of the points, happy to have enjoyed a rare footballing treat of a first half and relieved we didn't lose the win, as seemed eminently possible for the last fifteen minutes.

Say it as a big fan of his: something seems very not right with Stewart. He is weak in the air, lacking in confidence on the ball and hesitant in positioning and challenges. I hope he is OK.

• @HCblue just shows dunnit I thought he had a good game and having been criticised for his distribution made quite a few decent passes. We could have had four goals in the first fifty odd minutes but naturally we could not keep up the pace. Until they scored i thought we still looked comfortable.