Skip to content

Stockdale on his way back ?

124»

Comments

• edited January 2020

I think Stewart is an inconsistent passer of the ball. When he gets it on the money like for Smyth v Bolton and Kashket v Rochdale, he's sublime, but he also pings a fair few diagonals to no one - and the stuff in between consists of mostly long balls rather than long passes. He does seem to go for the spectacular more than Charles, though, who is just composure personified with the ball at his feet.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Without wishing to join the Plant/Bigred slagoff fest, Ive never before, ever heard anyone say Stewart is a 'brilliant distributor of the ball'!!
    Its like saying Glen Hoddle was a ferocious in the tackle, or Brian Flynn dangerous in the air !!

But it's the new style of debate.

Not brilliant equals shit and visa versa. We all know almost every answer is somewhere in the grey area in between but that area is alot duller

• edited January 2020

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@bigred87 said:
    Id like to apologise for calling you a c@eric_plant...... but you shouldn't tell people there clueless and talking shit. Apologises to fellow gasroomers for my foul language.

Take it from me. Putting @eric_plant on ignore has been the best and most calming click I've ever made in the Gasroom

Love the tag in!!

• Fair play to BigRed for having the good sense to apologise.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Fair play to BigRed for having the good sense to apologise.

And best way is to avoid the situation next time.

• @bigred87 said:
    Id like to apologise for calling you a cunt @eric_plant...... but you shouldn't tell people there clueless and talking shit. Apologises to fellow gasroomers for my foul language.

Apology accepted

• @bigred87 ? I remember him. 'Dogshit football' I think that was his catchphrase. I think its disgraceful that people who have posted their opinions on a forum are then forced to complain about not being 'allowed' to post opinions on a forum.

• I recall when channel 4 started showing the Italian footy to much hype, then on actually watching it it was the most boring snooze fest ever. Yes the players were super fit, super skilful but passing the ball sideways for 45 minutes each half....Zzzzzzzz. The prem isn't quite as bad but getting there on occasion.

• @Wendoverman said:
    @bigred87 ? I remember him. 'Dogshit football' I think that was his catchphrase. I think its disgraceful that people who have posted their opinions on a forum are then forced to complain about not being 'allowed' to post opinions on a forum.

I would like to congratulate @bigred87 for his creative swearing. He's the Gasroom's very own Malcolm Tucker and should be praised for some innovative and memorable insults, not castigated for them. Bravo!

• Awful thread, this.

• Keeping the discussion sensible in the thread. Whilst I feel that Allsop is a good shot stopper he fails to command his area and his distibrution is slow and predictable The goal against Rochdale was an extreme example of his failing to react differently in different situations ie he took too long and was closed down doing what he always does ie the big hoof up to Bayo This may be what he is told to do but if you believe that attack starts from the back then our options are limited by what he does Quite frankly he's unwillingness to come off his line terrifies me at times. He's not a bad keeper but you can always look to go one better.