Skip to content

Match day thread: Ipswich

Comments

• We've weathered the storm - a couple more 'ooh err' moments than normal, but we are a second half team. Let's do this! COYB

• Clinging on a bit. Monumental bit of luck with their goal, and the miss from right in front of goal.

Hope we can do something a bit more on the attacking front, buta draw would be obvs be a good result.
    Nicking a win...would just be "Limbs"

• We’ve buttered them up for Scotty and Rolands in the second half.

• Enjoying this. Ipswich losing their composure massively. Start the second half well, keep frustrating them, and we’ll have a decent chance of at least a point. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see us up against 10 men again soon either.

• Aarons, sorry. Stupid fingers.

• @drcongo said:
    The half time stats on iFollow are not great, usually we have great passing accuracy in the final third but it’s very low today, and apparently we’ve won 0% of our tackles.

0/3 v 5/8 so not attempting many either

• That latter stat is just wrong. Curtis slid into one of their players early doors and came out with the ball but probably should have had a yellow card before half time.
    Game for Freeman and Ofobohr I reckon and perhaps Kashket.

• Their fans are rattled! This is my favourite so far.

• I honestly have no idea what we could do to change this up. Ipswich looked like they had 13 players for most of the first half. Reckon Gaz and Dobbo might have some ideas though.

• I think his name just makes it funnier.

• edited November 2019

@drcongo said:
    I honestly have no idea what we could do to change this up. Ipswich looked like they had 13 players for most of the first half. Reckon Gaz and Dobbo might have some ideas though.

Could do with something to help us control the midfield battle a bit more imo - Freeman/Ofoborh?

• @chairboyscentral said:

@ryan_w_kirkby said:
    Struggling to register for ifollow. It keeps asking for an email address but the 3 times I've tried different ones it's having none of it.

You can stream it for free on Sky Bet, although I think that's only on mobile devices.

Thanks for the info, watching it on the sky bet app on the iPad.

• Disallowed goal - offside or handball. Phil and Matt can’t decide.

The restart would tell. Indirect kick, refs arm raised, it was offside. Direct free kick handball.

Doesn’t really matter as it’s no goal whatever but anyone watching rather than just on audio know what the restart was?

• Went into a sulk when I saw they went 1-0 up on sky app commentary....then checked again and it was back at 0-0. Happy days! COYB!!!!

• Just tried to download the sky bet app but apparently can’t do that from Tenerife. Sky app commentary it is then....with extra colour from the gas room faithful.
    COYB!!! We can do this!!!!

• Bayo getting nothing off the ref this half

• That looked like it was out of the area to me??

• 0-0. Great point.

• We never did get hold of it in midfield and the head tennis continued. Quite an exciting last 20 minutes though.

• That was not pretty, but the table still is. 0-0 a fair result, but that was a case of two teams v each other and the ref. Unbeaten in 11 and five clean sheets in a row!

• I have never felt this good after missing a late penalty before. Such a good point!

• Epic battle - well fought. Wheeler, Thompson and Charles my standouts. Great save of JJ’s penalty. Kashket causing havoc when he came on.

Happy to take that. Great watch on ifollow too - first watch for me since replays and commentary were added, which makes a huge difference.

• BIG cojones Wycombe, great point.

Why did the ref not book their defender after he awarded the penalty? Bizarre

• We didn't keep hold of the ball at all tonight. Also when we got into the final third our final ball often let us down. I thought we looked comfortable at the back and I don't remember Allsopp making a save.

Great point and I'd of took that before the game.

• Hmm, I don't think that was a pen - outside the box. Not sure how neither the player who fouled Wheeler nor Donacien was sent off, though. Also not sure how it took Thompson so long to get booked - just awful refereeing all round.

• Ipswich looked like a very good side, but if I was an Ipswich fan I’d be pretty disappointed with zero shots on target. Credit to our defenders though, yet again throwing themselves in front of everything. Gape’s block right near the end was superb.

• @Pogo said:
    BIG cojones Wycombe, great point.

Surely a straight red? I though it looked like he didn't know who fouled him. To book 11 players and then not show a red for that was bizarre!

• @Pogo said:
    BIG cojones Wycombe, great point.

Exactly this. Was a bizarre aberration, as if the ref thought they'd had enough punishment, so just ignored the rules. Ignored the pretty late foul on Gape (I think) about 5seconds before too.

There's no red & pen combo now (unless deemed a non legit attempt for the ball) but you have to still yellow for that sort of foul, and then it's a second so a red.

• Absolutely gutting pen miss aside, that was a superb backs to the walls job. We barely played much good stuff, but that's very likely our toughest away game of the season, and we've got through it well.

Still an exceptionally healthy looking table, and we've even gained a point on Sunderland who managed to lose at home to Burton!

• That was a lot of fun. Still top of the league. Great support for JJ at the end. Probably could have done with ofoborh but that could be a very good point.