Skip to content

Sunderland sack Manager

124»

Comments

• I read somewhere the other day that only Liverpool and Man City have lost less league games than Jack Ross since he's been in charge...I just cannot see Ainsworth going up there, more because of uprooting his family.
    If he did though, I wouldn't be opposed to Ross being appointed here. That could make an interesting game on the 19th!

• On the plus side, at least there's no game this week and any interviews, and the prep. Gareth would want to do for same, shouldn't disturb preparations too much.

I'm anxious about this one.

• It appears the multi million takeover at Sunderland by US buyers is off. Current owner and PNL fan Stewart Donald is coming under fire for his 'amateur handling' of events. It appears his whole involvement in the North East was to do a quick flip, and make a fast buck. Black Cat fans are critical of the low investment he has put into the playing side, maybe this isnt the right time for an aspiring manager to jump into the Makem hot seat.

• Anxious about Saturday’s game @HCblue or potential (but very unlikely) departure of our revered manager?

I’ve been feeling very uncomfortable about the “cliff-edge” switch from the euphoria of sunny Saturdays in the Chairboys village to wet autumn days and from a feeling of reasonable confidence that the Couhigs would be successful in their bid to nagging doubts about the likelihood of that outcome, aggravated of course by the scurrilously mischievous and ill-timed references to potential (but in my opinion inappropriate) alternative suitors.

• Leafing through their forum, one fan quoted some random as saying you have to be a "runner" to be in an Ainsworth team.

Not sure how that stacks up with Bayo still being a key player.

• @Malone said:
    Leafing through their forum, one fan quoted some random as saying you have to be a "runner" to be in an Ainsworth team.

Apart from Bayo and the centre backs, it's not that bad an observation.

Our midfield and wide men must have some of the highest distances covered in the league.

• @Username said:

@Malone said:
    Leafing through their forum, one fan quoted some random as saying you have to be a "runner" to be in an Ainsworth team.

Our midfield and wide men must have some of the highest distances covered in the league.

I'd have to see the stats, as while we work hard, a lot of teams do.

• @Malone said:

@Username said:

@Malone said:

That's true, but we have a lot of players who "work rate", "energy" and "determination" would be some of the immediate ways you'd describe their strong points (Bloomfield, Gape, Samuel, Thompson etc) . Much more than say "first touch" for Bayo or "crossing" for JJ.

• @Username said:

@Malone said:

@Username said:

@Malone said:

That's true, but we have a lot of players who "work rate", "energy" and "determination" would be some of the immediate ways you'd describe their strong points (Bloomfield, Gape, Samuel, Thompson etc) . Much more than say "first touch" for Bayo or "crossing" for JJ.

Samuel is a fitness supremo, and Thompson and Gape get about in their part of the pitch, but I still wouldn't have us down as some sort of super human "Barcelona doctors" Pep style transformation job.

On another note, I was expecting delusional and arrogant fans at Sunderland, but reading some of them genuinely thinking they were getting Big Sam down to league 1 is just something else.

Asking what Ainsworth "has won" and suchlike.

• Some of them seem to be a bit schizophrenic. For example:

'What worries me is the utter shite we witnessed in the two games against them last season. I don’t want to see our players going on like that.

Mind you, if it means we win more games and get out of this disgusting league, I’ll not care.'

So I don't want to see it but if it gets us up I will want to see it...

( Has no-one explained to them that winning games rather than drawing them will get them out of this 'disgusting league'?)

• Sunderland fans on Luke O'Nien:

2018: "Why are we buying L2 players from crappy clubs like Wycombe?"

2019: "Luke just gets it. I wish all footballers were like this lad!"

Sunderland fans on Gareth Ainsworth:

2019: "Why are we looking for managers from crappy L1 clubs like Wycombe?"

2020: .......?

• Wait till they find out they used to bang it long to Niall Quinn in their heyday and they just sacked the first manager they've had in a decade who wasn't losing every week.

...and they'll be back next year.