Skip to content

Click & Collect Your Rebellion Pint

Comments

• edited September 2019

Indeed. Happy birthday, @micra. Might you be in the beer tent tomorrow?

• Last summery day tomorrow so I ought to make the most of the excellent village atmosphere and of course the Rebellion ale. Thanks for the kind wishes.

• Happy birthday @micra See you tomorrow no doubt. Hoping to get a Rebellion myself!

• @micra Seems we share a birthday! Many happy returns mate. I'll hopefully get to the game in time for a pint or seven and would be honoured to furnish you with an intoxicating libation.

• Thanks guys and Happy Birthday to you @Jonny_King. I’ll have to watch my step tomorrow. Mrs micra has kindly agreed to chauffeur but I can’t remember the last time I managed a third pint. Intoxicating libations sound interesting though. My limitations are more volume than alcohol related, especially sitting right in the middle of the row.
    I’ll be outside the tent @HCblue, close to the musicians’ gazebo. I missed the Lincoln game. Was there music that day and, if so, what was it like?

• If there was, I have no recollection of it. The game seems to have lingered more than anything else. Guess I'm not making the most of the matchday experience.

Hope to see you tomorrow.

• Will look out for you. I’ve a reasonable memory for faces but @EwanHoosaami might have to reintroduce us !

• Had had the same thought.

• I shall delight in playing matchmaker to you two. See you tomorrow.

• Ooooh, stop messin’ about.

• We're with our younger son and daughter in law tomorrow so may not be able to fully engage. We'll be at the Rebellion though.

• Was very impressed using the new online ticket thingy when I cajoled four newbies from work to go to the Accy game for a tenner a ticket. Very quick and easy and also got my free pint.

......although I tried the Shepard Neame's "Late Red" and it was bloody awful, I'll stick to Reb IPA going forward, but the ticket thingy was so easy to use which was my main point.

• Sounds like I should give it another try although I’ll be in no hurry and slow queues are good places to swap anecdotes and conduct a few more straw polls.

• @micra Sorry to miss you and @chairboyscentral pre-match. Only made to the ground at 2:55 thanks to a poor choice of pre game eatery and subsequent slow service. Enjoy the game everyone and happy birthday for yesterday Mike!

• I’m afraid I had an attack of tachycardia about 1.40 and am now in the Cardiac and Stroke Receiving Unit at Wycombe hospital. Ticker has settled down and hope to be discharged in an hour or two.

Enjoy the game everyone.

• Sorry to hear that and hope you feel better and are released soon. Shame you couldn't watch this first half, your heart rate wouldnt have risen above 4bpm I can assure you!

• Get well soon @micra , happy birthday to all, seems to be a few this week.

• All the best @micra .. hope your feeling better soon

• Hoping to escape from CSRU later this afternoon. This is my fourth time here and I usually get away within three or four hours! Have been listening to commentary on iFollow. Doesn’t sound too good especially the injury situation.

• All the best @micra.

Advance pint buying was a bit of a shambles today. The sign advertising it was inside the tent facing the wrong way and everything bar ipa sold out by 2.30.

Difficult when you get a glorious afternoon like that I guess. Rob Couhig was taking feedback and chatting to people about it - he said Heineken had failed to deliver and looked pretty annoyed about it.

• The only Rob Couhig didn’t seem folksy and avuncular on Thursday night was talking about the catering. He’s clearly very unhappy with it and i’d expect big changes when the vote is done.

• @floyd said:
    The only Rob Couhig didn’t seem folksy and avuncular on Thursday night was talking about the catering. He’s clearly very unhappy with it and i’d expect big changes when the vote is done.

His exact comment was ‘until I own the club I can’t sack anyone’. I suspect that outsourced catering mob won’t last long.

Despite the rough edges, that beer tent / fan village is a good start.

• Regarding the catering, I have a memory of him saying that he couldn't comment due to litigation laws.

• @arnos_grove said:
    All the best @micra.

Advance pint buying was a bit of a shambles today. The sign advertising it was inside the tent facing the wrong way and everything bar ipa sold out by 2.30.

Difficult when you get a glorious afternoon like that I guess. Rob Couhig was taking feedback and chatting to people about it - he said Heineken had failed to deliver and looked pretty annoyed about it.

Well, it is the third time I have used the pre-order and pay. All three times they have run out of the beer I would like. What made ir worse was the service was actually slower than the cash line.

• @micra said:
    Hoping to escape from CSRU later this afternoon. This is my fourth time here and I usually get away within three or four hours! Have been listening to commentary on iFollow. Doesn’t sound too good especially the injury situation.

Hope you feel better and have a good night celebrating our win, but don't overdo it!

You are ahead of me now as I have only been in the Unit twice in the last couple of years, albeit the last time they didn't let me out for 10 hours! They certainly look after their "customers" well though.

• Best wishes @micra hope you get home tonight and we see you soon.

• Unfortunate to mention the food yet again after a great win, good to see it will be addressed but the new glossy posters and hi-res spruced up picture about the "new" hot dogs are hilarious. Same plastic hot dog, dull bread and what looks like a few flakes of some sort in the same bag left on the side as usual. The trades description people would have a field day.

• Hope you're doing OK, @micra. I have a birthday card for you when you're better!

• @micra best wishes for a speedy recovery

• @micra belated Happy Birthday wishes and hope the old ticker is settled down now. At least the boys won the 3 points for you today.