Skip to content

Signing #6 - Jamie Mascoll

Comments

• Look at us splashing the cash!

• PYCBAC!

• Not watched any of the friendlies so far, as one wise sage stated on Gasroom 1, pre season friendlies are gash, though I do admire & respect those that wish to part with good money and time to watch them. As such, I have no idea what this guy is like, anyone got an opinion, outside of the NBTWAG?

• You'll be shocked to know that he's quicker than JJ.

• If he's the one who played against Brentford, then pretty decent. You can watch the whole match on YouTube in the Brentford thread, and if you skip forward through Allsop's kicks then you can do the whole match in about 19 minutes.

• edited July 2019

@th100 said:
    You'll be shocked to know that he's quicker than JJ.

So is Bodger!

• So am I ??

• Seriously, I thought Mascoll had a really good half against Brentford. He is very quick and a good crosser of the ball. I think he will be a real good squad player and threaten Dobbo and GA can help him develop.
    In my opinion, worth a gamble on a 1 year deal.

• threaten JJ.

• I think he will be a real good squad player and threaten Dobbo and GA can help him develop.
    WOT?

• Now we've got all this cash can we get a really good keeper in on loan?

• Yes I missed a bit out there. See above.

• @eric_plant said:
    Now we've got all this cash can we get a really good keeper in on loan?

‘Trialist GK.’ started at Wealdstone tonight.

• Allsop even wastes time in pre-season friendlies. I am certainly not a fan and like you @eric_plant, I would love us to get a good loan keeper in for a season long deal.

• @mooneyman said:

@th100 said:
    You'll be shocked to know that he's quicker than JJ.

So is Bodger!

Could we get away with playing Bodger in a friendly? Like, to what extent are you allowed to take the piss?

• You don't know how happy the Jamie Mascoll signing has made certain fans from the 70''s . They've waited 40 odd years for the opportunity to belt out the old Mascoll is better than Yashin tune !!
    And this time it will be true, because I dont think Lev was much of a full back, and he's dead !!
    Silk Scarves and bell bottoms for the Bolton Game !!

• Triallist Goalie has been very neat and tidy (goalies only term) but does look v young (or I'm not) , liking Grimmer and Scotty K so far. Not the most exciting off games. Looks like Gaz is keen for us to press this season as he's shouted press about 800 times.

• @eric_plant said:

That's top of my personal wish list.

• edited July 2019

Sounds like tonight's trialist 'keeper could be Aaron Dillon - Blackburn youngster who's whose senior experience so far has all been in Irish football. Not sure if he's seen as a potential number one - if indeed it is him.

• edited July 2019

Make that *former Blackburn youngster - he was released last summer. Yeah, not particularly promising on the face of it...

• @eric_plant said:

I think that is key to us not ending up in a relegation battle.

• What the heck is going on, we're signing stacks and stacks of randoms.

Are they all on buttons, or is matey throwing loads of wad in?

• @Malone said:
    What the heck is going on, we're signing stacks and stacks of randoms.

"randoms" probably don't attract big wages. Remember we have got rid of Tyson, Cowan Hall and Harriman who were probably among the high earners.

• I would just like to say to @ChasHarps and @eric_plant that my thumbs up for their comments earlier this evening are the reaction of an old man who prides himself on being fair-minded.

• The under 23 squad is well underway

• @mooneyman said:

@Malone said:

"randoms" probably don't attract big wages. Remember we have got rid of Tyson, Cowan Hall and Harriman who were probably among the high earners.

We do also need a minimum number of players in the squad just to make sure we can fill the bench with options every week. It's not like we have 30 players or anything!

• @micra said:
    I would just like to say to @ChasHarps and @eric_plant that my thumbs up for their comments earlier this evening are the reaction of an old man who prides himself on being fair-minded.

I took you back "up" to -2 :)

• @mooneyman said:

@Malone said:

Good point chief.
    It's a good approach filling the squad with loads of hungry types.
    You can feel from some of their soundbites that they're gagging at the chance of it all.

• Average age of squad must have come down by at least five years. Gotta be good in the longer term particularly.

• Don’t think Gaz is going for make weights, Mascoll looked good vs Brentford, Div 1 is more and more about pace (something every signing so far has demonstrated ), a season older JJ will just get found out against some teams so now we have a viable plan B.