Skip to content

Bury

Comments

• El Abd, Sido, JJ, Curtis just half our starting 11 !!

• Good math, as our American friends might say.

• @rmjlondon said:
    El Abd, Sido, JJ, Curtis just half our starting 11 !!

Not half ... 36% to be exact

• When I spoke to El And on Saturday at the 500 ciub event he mentioned a slight calf issue and is expecting to play some part in both games this week.. Thats one injury less....

• Depending on the weighted average of each players importance of course. Based on this I'd say JJ's set pieces, Adam's leadership and Thompson's energy make 50% about right

• @th100 said:
    It seems like the end could be near. Their fans seem to have lost any last shred of hope. What an utterly sad state of affairs.

Perhaps some chinless wonder (a music mogul maybe) could arrange for Bury F.C. to be moved to a town some 70 miles away which doesn't currently have a Football League Club ?

• Is it remotely possible that both Bury & Bolton could fold/liquidate or whatever the correct term is before the season starts & leave L1 with 22 clubs? If so, how many teams get relegated from this division?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Depending on the weighted average of each players importance of course. Based on this I'd say JJ's set pieces, Adam's leadership and Thompson's energy make 50% about right

Not forgetting Sido’s Sidoness!

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Is it remotely possible that both Bury & Bolton could fold/liquidate or whatever the correct term is before the season starts & leave L1 with 22 clubs? If so, how many teams get relegated from this division?

If that was to happen, only two would be relegated.

• I wonder how many other clubs would take a 12 point deduction once if they could write off the level of debt Bury have been allowed to do.

Losing the points for 4 wins seems a small price to pay. Especially when some of that written off money bought promotion and chance to stay in the league even with the deduction.

• @Right_in_the_Middle - Losing 12 points can quickly be made up if a new owner comes in to what is then effectively a debt free club and immediately starts flashing the cash again. This particularly applies to Bolton with their large fan base and associated revenue.

• It sounds like a plan to me...and yet on another thread I get two thumbs down on my suggestion that we avoid having to re-pay any US incurred debts by taking out a CVA as soon as Rob asks for his money back! (admittedly one of the thumbs down is mine...)

• It only works if you have a line of cashed up mugs ready to take over. Also last time I seem to remember nobody wanted to buy the club from Hayes but plenty of people were sniffing around getting the ground on the cheap, we'd be in the same position as Coventry now if we did this.

Annoying though maybe when you see others doing it. Think Leicester were the first to be so blatant buying million pound players minutes after being unable to pay local suppliers. Think we need all the local Goodwill we can get.

• Kind of answers my question in an earlier thread about most trialists fielded and the answer is definitely not us, is this a first ?

• So the EFL have given Bury until noon Monday to prove they have funds to cover the agreed CVA with their creditors or their opening match of the season against MK Dons will be suspended:

• Finally the EFL are doing something to stop MK Franchise playing football matches. Shame it's 15 years too late...

• The Franchise will probably get awarded the points though.

• I have an awful feeling Bury are not going to make it. It has changed a lot this summer, but Bolton certainly look the more likely to survive at this point.

On another note, if both went under before the season began, that would be two home gates of lost revenue for every other L1 club. This division really is under a cloud this season...

• If the EFL are making this statement about Bury, could it be assumed they are satisfied with the situation at Bolton?
    If not then surely a similar statement would be made about our opening fixture.

• Good point, @Twizz - hopefully this means they are confident of a quick resolution.

• Thanks for that @Uncle_T . Not sure that bated breath is advisable.

• Bury are back in the High Court tomorrow morning for a winding up petition hearing. It's already been adjourned three times. The last adjournment was to allow time for the club to be sold, because the owner convinced the court that a sale was likely and imminent at the time. The club has not been sold and the owner is showing no signs of selling at the moment, despite there being interested parties who wish to purchase the club, at least one of which has been said by a local Bury MP to have demonstrated to him that they have sufficient funds.

What the owner has done is agreed a CVA with creditors. The EFL, though, don't seem to think he has the funds to make the payments agreed in the CVA, hence the suspension of the match on Saturday. If the High Court thinks similarly then tomorrow could be a very sad day for Bury F.C. and its fans and community.

• Thank you for the detail, @Uncle_T - these are sad times for football.

• Bury's owner is putting the blame squarely on the EFL:
    https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/unedited-statement-from-the-chairman/

Note that the club media folks have published this on the website with a clear indication that it is the unedited thoughts of the owner, effectively denying any responsibility for its contents.

• And it's gone, replaced by this: https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/statement-from-chairman/

Presumably, this is an edited statement.

• Does anyone still have it cached?