Skip to content

Trust meeting postponed

Comments

• @aloysius said:
    The really pertinent part of that statement comes at the end. The loan has been deferred until the end of the year. We now have a new date for a cliff-edge Wycxit (nice one Wendover).

That gives us a hard deadline for a sale to Andrew Harman, which is clearly now the most viable option.

Work on that needs to start apace. For it to proceed, one imagines Mr Harman will only negotiate with someone he considers an honest broker.

To that effect, I would expect Trevor Stroud's resignation to be offered - and accepted - ahead of the fans' council meeting tonight.

I doubt he will do the decent thing and go. The Trust Board however do have the power to get rid of him and I would hope they will do so.

• @HG1 if he announces he's entering into talks with the Franchise I want my ST money back...

• His track record is none too clever, He was part of the board that agreed heads of terms with those dodge pots who are now on the run from Police prior to the miracle at Torquay. And now he has managed to get us lumbered with a £500 debt and a charge on Adam's Park with another group who never disclosed a detailed bid.

• @ChasHarps I am sure we can have a quick whiparound to cover the £500 debt.

• Now is the time to call an extraordinary general meeting of all the Trust members to discuss the financial position of our club and the plans for the future. We also need all the information regarding current debt / loans and exactly who we owe money, including due dates and charges etc.
    It is time for a new broom.

• I put Alan Parry forward as potential Chairman. At least Alan has the balls to come on here and debate the current situation. Alan is obviously familiar with our club and the workings, is Wycombe through and through and know more about football than most on this site.

Come on @glasshalffull, take up the challenge and let us get rid of this cloak and dagger leadership once and for all. You could always get your close friend MON to fund the club as one of our future new investors.

• I’d actually agree with that.

• I agree with @Guppys_Left_Leg about the crossroads we are coming too. I am fearful of anyone at our level going under - not just us - as I feel it would be the first signs of lower league football breaking completely.

I wish the Premier League would finish up their NFL fantasy by going closed circuit, and allowing the rest of us to get on with it. Or maybe lower league clubs could breakaway from the EFL and ditch them. Complete pie in the sky on both counts, I know.

The only temporary solution I could imagine is selling a promising player a year (goodbye Gape or Thompson in the summer), trimming the squad, and relying even more on loanees. But that also sounds like a quick ticket back to L2.

Either way, I feel as though the PL and EFL deserve far more anger than anyone else.

• I would like @marlowchair and @NiceCarrots to put their plan forward. They know we can continue under trust/fan ownership, they know where it all went wrong, have a clear vision of the things we need to do to make the club sustainable without outside investement and we know they won;t fall into the trap of bullying the weaker members of the Board/Trust like the power group did. Not only that, but they have been open and forthcoming on the Gasroom and so we know they will maintain a proper line of communication to the fans. As long as they don't appoint richie to oversee transfers...

• I must finally admit that I have the same view as @glasshalffull, why couldn't we be told last week? I knew Monday that the deal was off, but was waiting for it to be confirmed officially, as I felt that I was certain to be labelled as a poo stirrer. There are one or two whom I confided in at the Charlton match, who were not overly surprised but, like me feared for our immediate future.
    Those who believe that AH could/should be invited back to the bosom of our club, I would suspect that it will be a non starter. At least whilst Mr Stroud is involved. Mr Howard will also have to keep his head well below the parapet, as those two couldn't agree if it was night or day & finally Mr Beeks will have to remain in Portugal swinging his bats for a very long time and not allow his shadow to cast over the doorstep. As at least two of those mentioned have money in the club in some form or another, it is difficult see to a way around the impasse?

• Sister or PM

• sorry Mother

• Will Mr Howard allow Mr Stroud to quit... doesn't he have to do as he's told?

What a shower of shit

Tbh, I also wouldnt be against @Blue_since_1990 suggestion above

• As a (still just) fan owned club we need much more info now on what happened, where we are, and proper appeals for expertise and finance, not everyone can be or wants yo be a director or benefactor on a grand scale but we need to be welcoming and creative to all funding and ideas possible, I have no idea if its possible to cut costs any further without decimating the playing staff so more in needs to be a priority.

• edited April 2019

Don't mean to dismiss rightful concerns on proccess btw and broadly don't think Stroud, or anyone else should ever be chair of club and trust, even more so if its going badly.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    As a (still just) fan owned club we need much more info now on what happened, where we are, and proper appeals for expertise and finance, not everyone can be or wants yo be a director or benefactor on a grand scale but we need to be welcoming and creative to all funding and ideas possible, I have no idea if its possible to cut costs any further without decimating the playing staff so more in needs to be a priority.

Spot on

• @Wendoverman said:
    I would like @marlowchair and @NiceCarrots to put their plan forward. They know we can continue under trust/fan ownership, they know where it all went wrong, have a clear vision of the things we need to do to make the club sustainable without outside investement and we know they won;t fall into the trap of bullying the weaker members of the Board/Trust like the power group did. Not only that, but they have been open and forthcoming on the Gasroom and so we know they will maintain a proper line of communication to the fans. As long as they don't appoint richie to oversee transfers...

To do that I would need to outline some very important staffing changes and rationalisations, supporting my reasons with evidence of why the changes are mandatory for the club to have a future, I’m not prepared to do that publicly to the individuals concerned.

• I didn't mean on the social media @marlowchair I meant to the legacy members once the process has begun again and everyone starts saying 'what the ****!!!???'
    We all want a deal that everyone can get behind. (That sounds familiar...)

• @marlowchair And yet you were willing to publicly slaughter Trevor Stroud, and I am not saying your concerns were unfounded.
    Why the scruples now ?

• We need to quickly move on here and get a Plan B into operation. Lots of things need to be sorted for next season.

As a Legacy Member and co-founder of the Trust I still am gobsmacked that I don’t know even what the outlines of the American deal were.

We need to maximise new ideas for income immediately. Try this one out - write down on a piece of paper number 1 to 100. Then over the next month list out 100 ways to get extra income into the club.

In recent times there has been a pitiful lack of emphasis on sales/marketing. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea (sorry accountants) but it’s a very necessary, in fact probably the most important, aspect of running a football club.

I cannot comment on the American deal as I don’t know what it was. However, I know what Andrew Harman was prepared to do for the club. Coupled with help from qualified supporters, willing to give up their time to help (& there are loads out there) I think there is a bright future for WWFC. However, it will be on a different footing to simply throwing money at it. It has to be built on stronger foundations.

• Good solid points, @A_Worboys. I think that in addition to this, there needs to be a point person, or group, who any ideas would funnel through to the club. Maybe even spearheading an actual movement, with an identity.

• @A_Worboys - Would you be prepared to serve on the Trust Board if the Power Group could be removed?

• @A_Worboys said:
    We need to quickly move on here and get a Plan B into operation. Lots of things need to be sorted for next season.

As a Legacy Member and co-founder of the Trust I still am gobsmacked that I don’t know even what the outlines of the American deal were.

We need to maximise new ideas for income immediately. Try this one out - write down on a piece of paper number 1 to 100. Then over the next month list out 100 ways to get extra income into the club.

In recent times there has been a pitiful lack of emphasis on sales/marketing. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea (sorry accountants) but it’s a very necessary, in fact probably the most important, aspect of running a football club.

I cannot comment on the American deal as I don’t know what it was. However, I know what Andrew Harman was prepared to do for the club. Coupled with help from qualified supporters, willing to give up their time to help (& there are loads out there) I think there is a bright future for WWFC. However, it will be on a different footing to simply throwing money at it. It has to be built on stronger foundations.

There's nothing to suggest this will happen though is there?

• @peterparrotface said:

@A_Worboys said:
    We need to quickly move on here and get a Plan B into operation. Lots of things need to be sorted for next season.

There's nothing to suggest this will happen though is there?

We OWN it, we should be demanding it.

• @JohnnyAllAlone said:
    @marlowchair And yet you were willing to publicly slaughter Trevor Stroud, and I am not saying your concerns were unfounded.
    Why the scruples now ?

Trevor sought and achieved elected office to run our club. It’s not his livelihood.

• Oh so your vitriolic campaign was acceptable as it was an unpaid role and only Trevor's professional reputation would be damaged.

• We seem to be going around in circles.
    Does the Trust Board really run the club?
    Who are the real power brokers within the club?
    Why can’t we put people like Mr Warboys and Mr Parry at the helm?
    Seems to me that we can make all these noises but in reality the Trust do not run the club at all.

• @JohnnyAllAlone said:
    Oh so your vitriolic campaign was acceptable as it was an unpaid role and only Trevor's professional reputation would be damaged.

People are judged on the results of their tenure.

• No real surprise they’ve pulled out. Not convinced on their reasoning though, I think it is much more down to the delays.

Priority now is staying in League 1 and the Trust need to start working on what we do next off the pitch. This needs to happen ASAP, surely starting with a Trust members meeting in the next couple of weeks. We need answers and we need to know what the plan is moving forward.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    We seem to be going around in circles.
    Does the Trust Board really run the club?
    Who are the real power brokers within the club?
    Why can’t we put people like Mr Warboys and Mr Parry at the helm?
    Seems to me that we can make all these noises but in reality the Trust do not run the club at all.

Any trust member is welcome to stand for election. Then it is up to members to vote them in.