Skip to content

Minority v Majority shareholding

12346»

Comments

• Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Still wouldn't be at all surprised if the meeting got cancelled though.

Important games of football to play in the meantime though and Legacy members going on Tuesday and Wednesday haven't got much time to digest the bid.

• Thank you Alan, I really appreciate your response.

• I just hope i CAN understand it!

• @AlanCecil said:

@Blue_since_1990 said:
    Not sending the proposal out until just before the event tends to make people think there is something wrong or our Trust Board are keeping something from us. Surely this is not the way tol act if our Board are confident it is a good deal for the club.

Yes, there may be legal or NDA issues that are restricting the issue of the proposal but it is now just 4 days to the meeting at the Hub.

"Thanks for your enquiry concerning the information on the American bid, prior to the meeting on Wednesday 10th April. It was our intention to get this out before the end of this week, but due to the finalisation of legal details, it has not been possible to do this. It is planned to get this sent out on Monday 8th April, which will hopefully allow Legacy Members time to digest and understand it prior to the meeting."

We've just had an unplanned 2 month delay. In God's name what would have happened if all had gone ahead as originally forecast? Unless of course their bid has changed?

• If legal details were finalised in January, it suggests that the Americans' bid has changed. If so, it will be interesting to hear on Wednesday what has changed.

• Indeed @Steve_Peart and interesting to know the timing of any changes also, with regard to whether before or after the Trust board voted to dismiss the Harman bid and give Luby/Collis a clear run.

• Does it really matter if something as changed, at the end of the day the deal presented to the Legacy members will be the deal. If it is acceptable to at least 75% of the members then it will be adopted, if not then god knows what will happen next.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Does it really matter if something as changed, at the end of the day the deal presented to the Legacy members will be the deal. If it is acceptable to at least 75% of the members then it will be adopted, if not then god knows what will happen next.

I agree with this. For now, let’s forget what happened in the build up and concentrate on the offer that will be put before us. I hope and pray that the offer is a good one and that it’s acceptable to the required majority of voters.
    The alternative is too scary to contemplate.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Does it really matter if something as changed, at the end of the day the deal presented to the Legacy members will be the deal. If it is acceptable to at least 75% of the members then it will be adopted, if not then god knows what will happen next.

For some legacy members at least, their decision on which way to vote will not be purely based on the deal as presented at the meeting and in written communications. They wil take into account also what they perceive to be the character and ultimate intentions of the bidders. Whether the bidders have been consistent and stuck to their original proposals, even after knowing they were the only bid on the table, versus whether changes have been made (and, if so, whether those changes enhanced or diminished what is being offered) would be a relevant factor to some of those who will be voting. This could be particularly relevant if parts of the deal are not locked down and legally enforceable and would be open to subsequent variation by the new owners following a successful vote.

• I very much doubt we will be advised of any changes to the American's original bid (If any).

I feel that the long delay in the Board presenting the bid to legacy members is totally unacceptable. Could it be that they want to give us the shortest opportunity to examine the bid in detail and limit the number of questions we can ask at the meeting?

• Email from trust, meeting delayed, not ideal.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

Still wouldn't be at all surprised if the meeting got cancelled though.

Just saying @marlowchair .
    Scatter gun approach or real inside information. Who knows?

• I doubt a scattergun would be even close to a stroke rate like this

• It’s probably me @marlowchair but your post of 10.11pm makes no sense. Not to dimwit me, anyway.

• ? strike

Typo

• Guessed that @marlowchair but haven’t a clue what strike rates have to do with this thread. Time I went to bed. Goodnight.