Skip to content

Minority v Majority shareholding

Comments

• No intention of introducing politics, merely a light hearted reference to how a small group gets to make decisions on behalf of a much larger one.
    By the way, I’ll accept balding but portly? 12st 4lbs in old money and fighting fit, I’ll have you know!

• And NOTHING would make Trevor walk away from a job humming to himself.

• As for Brexit we'll soon be wondering how the hell we ended up through the Looking Glass with King Bozzer shouting 'Off...er....with their...er...heads...'

• edited March 2019

@Wendoverman said:

@glasshalffull oh my God...never ask the man in the street!

I thought the term was asking the man on the Clapham omnibus.

• Love it. Gotta meet that Wendover guy before I pop me clogs.

• Keyboard warrior tediously dull in real life @micra i would give him a wide berth.

• Hate false modesty. Let’s call the whole thing off.

• Aren't you both in the Beechdean, @Wendoverman and @micra? Surely a meeting could be arranged through a shady go-between. A few greased palms and all that...

• @Shev that sounds a bit alarming.

• I'm up for starting a Beachdean Power Group if you are.

We could stage a Gasroom coup.

• A Coup de Glace?

• That took me a second, but I did get a D in French. Well played Dev.

• I don't get it...but I am quite thick and it's the sort of thing after March/April/June none of us will ever have to put up with again. In the Beechdean more likely to be a Gasroom queue and no pies left when you get to the front.

• Are we Legacy members going to see a copy of the Americans proposal prior to the upcoming meeting. Wasn’t that promised previously?
    I for one would like to study the proposal prior to the event at the Hub, in order to enable meaningful questions etc.
    I am not negative about the proposed investment at all, on the contrary, if it is a good deal for the future of our club, then it will get my vote.

• @Blue_since_1990 Only once Mr Stroud has ensured that any valuable information relating to their proposal has been made available.

• Well hopefully that will be before the meeting on the 10th then.

• I have inquired about seeing the information beforehand by the magic of e-mail.

• tumbleweed *
  • They are hoping to send something out by Friday

• edited April 2019

@HG1 said:
    They are hoping to send something out by Friday

Not quite sure why they are only "hoping" to send "something" out when they've had the offer for months.

The longer they fail to share the terms of the bid, the more it looks like they aren't confident in its appeal. They don't help themselves sometimes.

• apparently waiting to sign off heads of terms, this is what they stated in a tweet but I agree I cannot see why the delay as the bid has been sat there for some time.

• A possible example in ‘heads’ of terms could be the arrangement for the new big screen. Ie either how it’s currently financially going to be managed or whether Uncle Sams friends want to buy it out right

• Probably> @HG1 said:

They are hoping to send something out by Friday

I assume they didn't mean this Friday!

• Not sending the proposal out until just before the event tends to make people think there is something wrong or our Trust Board are keeping something from us. Surely this is not the way tol act if our Board are confident it is a good deal for the club.

Yes, there may be legal or NDA issues that are restricting the issue of the proposal but it is now just 4 days to the meeting at the Hub.

• You’ll have three or more weeks to assess the bid before deadline for voting - if of course the meeting and the bid happen at all.
    See what happens this week.

• But legacy members want time to go through the detail ahead of the meeting in order to raise any pertinent questions on the night

Is this not an obvious point

• @DevC said:
    You’ll have three or more weeks to assess the bid before deadline for voting

But no time to prepare pertinent questions for the meeting unless the details are provided beforehand as previously promised.

• Maybe there is an issue with one or more details. Or maybe the whole deal is in question. Time will tell. If there is still a proposal on Wednesday, then you will have your opportunity to vote on the whole picture.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Not sending the proposal out until just before the event tends to make people think there is something wrong or our Trust Board are keeping something from us. Surely this is not the way tol act if our Board are confident it is a good deal for the club.

Yes, there may be legal or NDA issues that are restricting the issue of the proposal but it is now just 4 days to the meeting at the Hub.

"Thanks for your enquiry concerning the information on the American bid, prior to the meeting on Wednesday 10th April. It was our intention to get this out before the end of this week, but due to the finalisation of legal details, it has not been possible to do this. It is planned to get this sent out on Monday 8th April, which will hopefully allow Legacy Members time to digest and understand it prior to the meeting."