Skip to content

Match day thread: Blackpool

Comments

• Its going to be empty anyway but looks like the camera is opposite the stand where they don't even attempt to put people except the press.

• Looks sub 2k to me

• One of the shiniest pitches I’ve ever seen in League 1. Akinfenwa from corner somewhat against the run.

• Get in there!

• Anyone even try to mark him?

• Apparently our tenth corner goal of the season. The plonkers managing about JJ's corners a few weeks ago look very silly now

• Let the time wasting begin!!!!!

• No free live stream for me. I probably should stop being tight.

• edited January 2019
  • @Chris said:
    I spy a flag

https://imgur.com/a/1INzguO

Racist scum.

• Is that a joke comment?

• I think you can safely take a "yes" as the answer there @glasshalffull .

@Gary , same boat. No freebie here!

• edited January 2019

No, @glasshalffull. I've seen a picture of a flag on a deserted football terrace. It appears to have some kind of symbol connected in some way with the armed forces of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland on it. My mind-reading powers allow me, from that large store of evidence, to judge conclusively in the manner indicated. There is no right to appeal - I cannot be swayed. Denial will only serve as a clearer indication of guilt.

• 're the groundsman what a shower those oystons are.

• get in !!!!!!!!

• 2-1 ...... the beautiful game, eh!

• @StrongestTeam said:
    May someway explain why the pitch is so bad:

Surely it should have been awarded in his favour in that case?

• @Onlooker said:
    Looks sub 2k to me

• Pch rounding off a terrible performance by him tonight.....

• Time for Luke?

• Ridiculous challenge from Cowan Hall

• He was awful this evening offered nothing, caught offside when we were on the break and then did that in the box. Feel for the guys/girls who made the trip up, we didn't really play well enough to win and i would of took a point before but gotta feel pch cost us the win. Still good point on road and poxford let a 2-0 slip so all smiles

• @HCblue said:
    No, @glasshalffull. I've seen a picture of a flag on a deserted football terrace. It appears to have some kind of symbol connected in some way with the armed forces of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland on it. My mind-reading powers allow me, from that large store of evidence, to judge conclusively in the manner indicated. There is no right to appeal - I cannot be swayed. Denial will only serve as a clearer indication of guilt.

Sorry HC Blue, sense of humour was fading whilst watching the game at Blackpool!

• He was not awful. Very nearly scored the inner with a good long range effort.

It was a pretty crap game really under poor conditions on a woeful pitch. Very difficult to build any attractive attacking football. Our best outlet was Samuel winning free kicks allowing us to load the box and hit Bayo. Not pretty, but a well earned point.

Special mention for Nick Freeman. Doing the ugly stuff isn't his natural game but he put a shift in and defended well. I think in previous seasons he has missed out on more minutes because his attacking threat wasn't always backed up by commitment to defending. In the last few games he has addressed that and been very solid even though opportunities to show his best forward play have been limited.

• How was our cheating?

• Totally agree about Freeman, he’s really seized his chance in the starting eleven.

• ere I see "Allsop would then see yellow for the amount of time he took to take the resulting goal-kick." oh Arsehole you naughty boy

• can't complain too much about a point away from home, no matter how it comes about!

• @floyd I can. Two points dropped. Well in control until pch moment of madness