Skip to content

Match day thread: Coventry

12346»

Comments

• @Baldric I don't really understand what you mean with regard to @micra posting so much he must lack self-awareness...perhaps I am thick but don't call me thick as I have friends who are thick and they cannot help it. This is a fan forum you can post as you see fit and you are allowed to respond to what you read...so unless someone starts their post with 'I am autistic and I think Bayo is crap and you are all ****ing blind!' I don't feel I have to be mindful about where their opinions are coming from...but that's just me.

• As usual, no game on the weekend and the Gasroom descends into farcical arguing.

• edited January 2019

@OxfordBlue said:
    As usual, no game on the weekend and the Gasroom descends into farcical arguing.

But really does it though? Always? And does it matter if it does? Poll and Statistical analysis please.

• I seem to have stirred up a hornet’s nest!
    No harm in that if it flushes out another Randell Williams.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@OxfordBlue said:
    As usual, no game on the weekend and the Gasroom descends into farcical arguing.

But really does it though? Always? And does it matter if it does? Poll and Statistical analysis please.

Perhaps Dev can come up with some arbitrarily constructed statistics.

• Spreadsheet awaited from the west country!

• edited January 2019

I think on balance statistics will show that on the whole things are somewhat up the air on a range of topics.

• Dev's spreadsheet on whether a no game weekend causes fighting on the gasroom will conclusively prove that fan ownership is unsustainable, we will be playing conference south football in two weeks if we don't take outside investment yesterday and it's impossible to get planning permission on the ground.

• Unsustainable indeed, we're probably losing 650K posts per year.

• @drcongo said:
    Dev's spreadsheet on whether a no game weekend causes fighting on the gasroom will conclusively prove that fan ownership is unsustainable, we will be playing conference south football in two weeks if we don't take outside investment yesterday and it's impossible to get planning permission on the ground.

That's modern social media for you.

• I'm already taunting St. Albans City fans in preparation for the inevitable.

• edited January 2019

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought it was a simply baffling post.
    The comment against Micra - who is clearly one of the nicest guys the forum has ever had (didn't @ so he won't see this), and then the ludicrous premise that you have to watch out for some random condition, someone may have. Let alone when the poster mentioned is an utter mess of a WUM anyway!

But on we move.

• @micra your lack of concern in your last post for those with stinging insect phobias, bowel problems and a fear of Watford is shocking. It is important for us to be mindful.

• Indeed @Wendoverman. An insensitive and feeble attempt at wit with no thought for the afflicted. I would also like to apologise to those with limited attention spans, short memories and indifferent powers of concentration for the length and frequency of my posts.

• edited January 2019

On behalf of dyslexia sufferers, please could I request that you use fewer polysyllabic words, @micra and @Wendoverman, and more words and phrases like "shite" and "having a laugh". Debrett's states that good form and consideration encourages the greatest possible shortening of common words such as "you" to "u".

If you look carefully, you will find that there are other, frankly much more enlightened, users on the site modelling this style in their writing style that you can refer to for guidance. They are to be held up as models of empathy and consideration and should be imitated if we are to create a more user-friendly and inclusive environment for discussion that we can all enjoy more.

• @HCblue I for one will endeavour to eliminate all superfluous loquaciousness in my outpourings henceforth. Has Ricky from the clubshop produced a style guide for us to follow?

• edited January 2019

Thank you, @ReadingMarginalista. Prolixity is to be deprecated. #indicateviathemetaphoricalproferringofacrimsonhuedpapertokenidenticaltothatusedbythearbitratorofgamesofassociationfootballthatobfuscationisnottoleratedinthisonlinecommunity