Skip to content

Match day thread: Accrington Stanley

124»

Comments

• edited November 2018

@MindlessDrugHoover , not sure if Knight was a mere example of a bad egg per se, but of course he'd long been booted out of Wycombe before Gareth had ever stepped into the place as á player. By Taylor wasn't it?
    Morgan is the example in his time.

• Standing up for Luke if I remember correctly (admittedly I was with alcohol)

• My take is that we're lucky to have a bunch of guys who will stand up for each other without a moment's hesitation if required but who won't remotely be looking to provoke conflict. I think I tend to take it for granted that this is so, since I'm so used to it.

• @Onlooker. I can’t recall if it was Luke he was standing up for (after he’d been assaulted by an opposition player) but he was certainly acting as hit man for a teammate. You’d always want to have him on your side!
    PS Please let’s keep it on the deck at least most of the time when he returns. Can almost see a scenario where he and Scott Kashket become a regular pair of impact subs.

• @micra Those two coming on certainly turned the screw away at Plymouth.

• It certainly isn't a bad position to have last year's key player and top striker as a sub! Shows great strength in depth.

Another win or 2 and we'll start mentioning the P-offs! But keep calm.

• How/why “thumbs down” that post ?

• @Onlooker said:
    Standing up for Luke if I remember correctly (admittedly I was with alcohol)

From what I can remember of Bayo's autobiography, I think it was Dayle Southwell.

• @micra said:
    How/why “thumbs down” that post ?

Because we’re going for the top two.