Skip to content

Match day thread: Peterborough

1235»

Comments

• Jawoll herr @Malone. Ve hef vays n all that.

• Only just cought up with the thread and sorry to hear you were poorly on Saturday. You are clearly not going to the Lu’on superdome and I imagine Sunderland’s too far so hope to see you fighting fit for Shrewsbury.

• Funnily enough, @Slaphead, I had been seriously thinking about going to Sunderland, having gone nearly four months without a problem. But Saturday and the 7am departure have conspired to stop me in my tracks !

Looking forward to seeing more of that scintillating soccer (ugh) tomorrow and beyond. Youngest lineup for several seasons, I reckon. See you (and the lads) on 24th.

• Sorry to hear of your unfortunate cardio episode @micra and I'm very pleased that you're feeling better now. You really are very important to us all on the Gasroom as you set the standard for us all to aspire to in posting and thinking terms. All the very best and COYB!

• @micra sorry to hear about your little issue, but delighted that you are making good progress. Also pleased that the medical team was able to step up and help.

• @micra I would have described it as a ‘name check’ or ‘shout out’, rather than a ‘heads up’, I think. Not being able to get to Fratton Park, I heard it live on the commentary. (Unless you meant that Phil gave you the ‘heads up’ prior to the game that he was going to give you a ‘name check’...)

By the way, Middlesex and West Indies pace man Wayne Daniel suffered similarly To young Alex.

• @micra Cheers for the clarification that I was in no way linked to your ill health! Glad to read that you are on the mend.

I think the terminology is a 'shout out' rather than a 'heads up'.

I forgot to ask you on Saturday - has the 'improved' technology of iFollow and it's subsequent lack of delay scuppered you showing off your ability to tell when a goal will be scored to Mrs Micra?

• The iFollow coverage has been excellent and any delay on the sound has been negligible. There were a few dropouts earlier in the season - notably on a couple of occasions when your commentary suggested that we were about to score or at least test the ‘keeper! Sod’s Law. That must have been a Saturday afternoon game (or games) with audio only.

Looking forward to watching tomorrow’s game when presumably most if not all of Saturday’s substitutes will get a run-out.

• @LeedsBlue - I remember Wayne Daniel.
    I’m not sure about “the young Alex” though. I hope Alex Samuel doesn’t have Atrial Fibrillation (the underlying condition which I and, it seems, a high proportion of older people suffer from).

• Glad to read you are okay, @micra - maybe the next shout out should be a whisper out, to be on the safe side!

• Can’t keep a good man down @Shev ?

• Seeing as there's no Match Day Thread for the Paintpot Trophy tonight, does anyone know what has happened to Sam Saunders? Haven't heard anything about an injury yet if he can't even get a squad place tonight when even Charlie Fox has reappeared then surely something must be awry...

• @Brownie said:
    Seeing as there's no Match Day Thread for the Paintpot Trophy tonight, does anyone know what has happened to Sam Saunders? Haven't heard anything about an injury yet if he can't even get a squad place tonight when even Charlie Fox has reappeared then surely something must be awry...

Not sure but I reckon he’s one of our better earners and probably wants to be playing regularly before his career wraps up.

He’s got his business, co-owned with a few other footballers so don’t think he’d be as concerned as other ageing lower league pros about taking a bit of a pay cut to get game time.

Sad to say it but I don’t think it would be bad for both parties if he moved on in the January window and we sign someone else with the freed up budget.

Good player for us in the past but has fallen way down the pecking order as he’s got older.

• edited November 2018

@brownie, now there is a thread!

Saunders was pure silk first time around, still decent at first when he returned, but he just doesn't fit the style we play now as well as others.

• Sadly, it's just the way of the world.......BTW I'm going to live forever.?

• Just got round to watching the highlights...I had forgotten about Godden one on one with Rocky and fluffing it..I can see now why Evans was slagging him off in the local press.