Skip to content

Match day thread: Rochdale

Comments

• He didn’t exactly cover himself in glory at other times either. Brendan Moore is not to be confused with his namesake, the snooker referee.. He is American, aged 26, and appears to have come to the UK a few years ago. He first joined Fleetwood, went on loan to Torquay in 2015/16 and played 46 games for them in 2016/17. Joined Rochdale in July last year and had played 6 times before last night according to the trusty Wikipedia.

Re Mr Huxtable, I thought he was unduly generous to us at times.

• re: the Morris free kick. I was right behind his run up and it looked like those ones that Ronaldo takes where he runs straight at it and hits it with no spin at all and somehow gets it to swerve and dip

Looked like a perfect execution of a very difficult skill to me

I really like Morris. I hope we can keep hold of him after January and in this new formation I think he and Gape could play very well together

• Also, Gaz is the master of turning a crap defeat into a springboard.

Since the calamity home game against Southend we’ve taken ten points from 5 games.

• How tall is he @micra?

• @eric_plant said:
    re: the Morris free kick. I was right behind his run up and it looked like those ones that Ronaldo takes where he runs straight at it and hits it with no spin at all and somehow gets it to swerve and dip

Looked like a perfect execution of a very difficult skill to me

I really like Morris. I hope we can keep hold of him after January and in this new formation I think he and Gape could play very well together

Unfortunately I don't think we've got much chance of keeping Morris.

Shrewsbury fans were pretty pissed off he left in the first place. Given his performances and the fact they're right in the relegation battle at the moment I think they will reject any extension proposal.

• @HCblue said:

@bigred87 said:
    Great win, but i wanna> @LX1 said:

Any thoughts from @bigred87

Puzzled from the praise pch got... looks like he should be walking round micklefield little prick.

A confusing amalgam of criticisms or an inadvertant admission by bigred?

Keyboard warrior if someone says something you dont agree with there put down instantly, like I've said before this is a forum for discussion and opinion...... anyone who thought pch was "fantastic" was clearly on some strong cough meds....... @HCblue if you wanna get personal why dont come out from behind your pc and we will discuss it at the next home game you sad little man.

• @bigred87 said:

Keyboard warrior if someone says something you dont agree with there put down instantly, like I've said before this is a forum for discussion and opinion...... anyone who thought pch was "fantastic" was clearly on some strong cough meds....... @HCblue if you wanna get personal why dont come out from behind your pc and we will discuss it at the next home game you sad little man.

I've just found some rare footage of Big Red hyping himself up before Luton away

• edited October 2018

I thought PCH and Fred both played well and caused problems, Samuels ran and ran and had them worried. Referee was unduly generous all round...which was a surprise as I said, under normal circumstances...say against Luton there would have been cards a aplenty. Having said that, having had Gape and JJ booked harshly in the last game, I'll take it. If Morris has any say at all, I reckon he would choose to stay, let's not underestimate Gaz's powers of persuasion with other clubs when it comes to loans!

• Excellent richie managed to find a positive in our second win on the trot...in the performance of the referee.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The technique that Bryn Morris used last night for his free kick is called 'knuckleball'. It involves striking the ball dead centre and minimising the follow through. A tricky skill to execute...

• That was the only thing he missed all night, didnt fall for the diving of rochdale

• @OxfordBlue hiw the hell did you get hold of that, i promised all copies were destroyed!!!!!!!

• It was last night that the Rochdale keeper finally realized the folly of his matador training...

Great hit though!

• Ben Strevens my goodness.

• Samuel really reminds me of someone but I just can't put my finger on who it is (it certainly isn't Strevens!)

I thought it might be McGavin but I'm not sure it is

• @bigred87 said:
    Great win, but i wanna> @LX1 said:

Any thoughts from @bigred87

Puzzled from the praise pch got from 1st page thought he looked well out his depth and his attitude looks terrible and his body language looks like he should be walking round micklefield little prick. We deserved the win Thompson should be offered a longer deal he is class......

Thought PCH offered some inventiveness and threat. I don't mind the attitude, he told Harri a couple of times where it should have been played in to him. Better than not giving a monkeys. I dont think that qualifies him for prick status though.

• @bigred87 'Puzzled from the praise pch got from 1st page' which praise puzzled you?

• Think it might be Jimmy Bullard

• @drcongo said:

Whoops, my username went pink and disappeared when I pressed what we used to refer to as the Carriage Return. Those were the days.
    Sorry @drwho. How tall is who?

• I hope samuals and thompson get longer deals there both quailty.....
    Im sure i read pch was fantastic tonight in a post on the 1st page etc....
    And the prick part came from me being in the beechdean second half low level and witnessing him suck his teeth twice, 1st time at the ballboy....

• I was also in beechdean but obviously too far away away to hear teeth sucking or see ballboy abuse...

• It was down near the corner flag, i believe i was leaming on a screwfix sign.....

• Surely Rochdale's left back was substituted because he'd been booked for persistent fouling, mainly of PCH, and Keith Hill felt that he wouldn't be able to deal with our right side threat, mainly from PCH, without risking a further booking? It seems, therefore, @bigred87 that among the people you don't agree with is Keith Hill.

• And me. I thought Paris had an excellent game and was close to the player we sold to Millwall.

• I would be interested in views from those who think Paris has a bad attitude.
    How does his actions compare to Bayo waving his hands at the ref every time a foul is given against him?
    I thought Paris has had two good games as a wide player this week after being slotted in and out of the team in front three wide, in a fron three centrally and on occasions at full back.

• Seems like @bigred87 saw a different game to most. Not sure about the mildly amusing threats though?

• I've been saying for a long time that PCH is an unsung hero, and is a huge asset to the side - whether starting, or as an impact sub. As a player who likes to create, play the killer ball, and take on opponents, there are going to be times when his ideas and trickery don't come off. But he has the ability to unlock a L1 defence, for sure. Same with Fred. Together, and when on song, they are beginning to look like a decent wide threat. Injuries have held Paris back in the past, but hopefully this may be the beginning of a strong consistent run for him.

A favourite player in a team full of favourites...

• It seems i must off! I also thought Harriman was shit in the first half he gave the ball away with his first 6 passes!! I thought bayo, samual, Thompson, morris and el abd were class though. Silly me for having an opinion, in future ill wait until the gods of the gasroom have posted then just agree with that.

• @bigred87 said:
    the gods of the gasroom

Otherwise known as people who are not convinced by the thrust of your argument.

It’s always people who happily describe players and staff as shit etc who get the most touchy when getting a bit back.