Skip to content

Oxford United (h) (League One) 2018 / 19 - Match 8 - Sat 15/09/2018 - M40 Derby Crowd Predictions

Comments

• 6459, 1950 away and a 2-1 chairboys win

• After 23 predictions we say a home crowd of 4525 and 1838 from the unfinished stadium up the road.
    That home crowd would be slightly under those who came for the Blackpool game this year.
    We are collectively optimistic about the result.
    As on the DevC thread I say 3 - 1 to the Blues for our keenly awaited first home win in League One for 6 years. I couldn't think of a better team to beat.

• @Glenactico , They've announced they sold out, and thus sold 1800, so the away figure will surely be given as 1800 as minimum, as they count ticket sales rather than turn up ees.

Any reason you went 1700?!

• PLEASE could you add my score prediction @railwaysteve. 2-1 to Wycombe.

• Yes @micra, it's in my version - here a copy and paste of the line in the spreadsheet

17 micra 6650 1925 4725 2 1

I am capable of missing stuff and really don't mind being reminded, but I am not sure what went wrong - the spreadsheet shows my last edit was yesterday (Tuesday) at 9.35pm.

Would you be able to message me if you still can't see it?

• Total 6505 with 4550 home and 1955 away. 1-0 Wycombe.

• 6666 with 1800 Oxfordians, 2-1 to the blues

• Morning.

6072 including 1702 from up the road.

• 4444 beautiful blues 1810 yellow peril 6254 total 3-1 to Gareth’s greats
    10 Oxford oafs ejected

• https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/wycombe-tickets.1235/

Looks like we can expect some extra Oxford fans in the home ends tomorrow... Not sure if the club know about this

• 6167 total with 1799 from Oxford.

• 6,856 with 1800 visitors ‘wandering’ around confused by the alien concept of an away ‘end’ (kick off delayed). Chairboys 1 PNL 1

• Sorry to see @perfidious_albion that you are carrying over your undue (but presumably tongue in cheek) pessimism about the gate at The Valley into your score prediction for tomorrow. From the little I have seen of Oxford, I would be very disappointed with a draw.

• @WanderingDays said:
    https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/wycombe-tickets.1235/

Looks like we can expect some extra Oxford fans in the home ends tomorrow... Not sure if the club know about this

WWFC have said any Oxford fans foond in home areas will be ejected from the ground.

• or gently led to the away end by chuckling stewards.

• It is time to talk about watching football again.

We say a crowd of 6375 - which would be our biggest home gate of the season so far.

Hope we sing "Come and Join Us" to the Oxford fans, especially the handfuls who will be pretending to be True Blues.

The prediction sheet is now in its proper form, total crowd size order

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1izzX1ZypqgxrArFgvwJqjCY2Ye17varqxVNLxT8whZs/edit?usp=sharing

Please keep predicting, 29 so far and a good chance of surpassing that.

I will put up a summary tomorrow before I leave for the game and update on the way if I come by train.

Up the noisy team.

• Sorry to keep on, Steve and i don’t give two bucks really as long as Dev has picked it up on the WHC thread but my 2-1 victory prediction is still missing. A red highlight fills the space - at least on my iPhone.

• edited September 2018

No worries @micra - I use a chromebook and google docs and maybe there is an incompatibility - I use fancy colours for the wins - dark blue for the background and light blue for the text. I have just taken them off - how does it look now -

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1izzX1ZypqgxrArFgvwJqjCY2Ye17varqxVNLxT8whZs/edit?usp=sharing

• 6,320, with 1789 wondering if Diving Danny’s penalty might find the net on its second time round the planet.

• All is revealed @railwaysteve. You’re a star. And I am grateful. Many thanks.

• 6,857. 1,800 Oxford.

• 6,634 - with 1,796 pension fund raiders in the away end

• I trust you are excluding the blocks in the Beechdean which are sometimes open to away fans @ReadingMarginalista.

• 6961 including 1849 from over the border, (49 in home end), 2-1 Wycombe win.

• Hi late to the game, 6495, 1756 from Oxford, and a 3-1 win for the blues....?

• Glad that worked @micra
    Spreadsheet updated with 34 predictions which is a record in itself.

We say 4588 home support in a crowd of 6416 which would beat the Luton home game crowd by 400 or so.
    Due to train trouble - I'm on my way - so to those who are already at Adams Park - I hope the atmosphere is building.

Up the Blues.

• It was 6,879 with 1,816 from Oxford,

• Is that away end 1,816 then? Or did they somehow sneak 16 in elsewhere?

• @Malone 1816 is correct capacity. 1800 plus 16 disabled places.

• edited September 2018

That was a good match for attendance. Over 5000 Wycombe fans in season in which we have yet to win at home and a cracking atmosphere. Shame Bayo was offside.

The actual attendance was more than almost all of us thought it would be - only 2 of the 34 predictions were above the actual crowd and it was more than 800 greater than the attendance for the Luton game

Excellent predicting by @OxfordBlue just 21 away from the correct attendance with 6857 - the lapel badge is yours. Congratulations are due and I will message you. An honourable mention for @Twizz who was 22 away on the other side of the actual attendance with 6900.
    @Onlooker and @EwanHoosaami were both within one hundred.

@bookertease had the score correct.

Fun all round - thanks for predicting.

I will put up a thread for the Portsmouth game soon.