Skip to content

Trust Meeting September 12th

Comments

• Most of the loans appear to be/have been interest free. pretty sure Hayes' loan was.
    Total interest charge across WWFC/FALL appears to be c £40k.

• Reminder of the important Trust members meeting on Wednesday - hope to see many of you there

http://www.wycombewandererstrust.com/2018/08/ww-trust-general-meeting

• For those Trust members unable to be present, here is how we intend to stream it for you and how you can submit questions before or during the evening

http://www.wycombewandererstrust.com/2018/09/live-streaming-of-trust-members-meeting

• I see it's available on faceboook something i've avoided for some years as i despise it,why can't it be watched on another forum as facebook is not to be trusted?

• @robin said:
    I see it's available on faceboook something i've avoided for some years as i despise it,why can't it be watched on another forum as facebook is not to be trusted?

This is our first attempt at streaming a meeting and have chosen Facebook as we can limit viewing to Trust members in the way described. If you can suggest another better way, we can look at that for the future.

• @AlanCecil Many thanks for offering this. I absolutely cannot attend the meeting in person but will be able to view the stream.

• Agreed, well done Alan and co for offering this. You don't need to regularly use Facebook to have an account but it should ensure only those entitled to attend do so. Very handy for out of towners.

• As above, great for the exiles and very thoughtful of the Trust. Thanks @AlanCecil and Co.

• O> @robin said:

I see it's available on faceboook something i've avoided for some years as i despise it,why can't it be watched on another forum as facebook is not to be trusted?

It must be a frustrating task operating a football club. The fans clamour for a meeting to be publicly steamed, the club obliges on one of the most popular global online platforms, and gets criticised for it.

• Quite agree @OxfordBlue. I’d be steaming too. Seriously though, it must be very frustrating. I imagine the general reaction is one of appreciation and gratitude. Isn’t it, guys?

• That will be our future cooked....

• Now who’s getting in a stew?

• I think the club have gone out of their way to try and include as many Trust/Legacy members as possible in the discussions. @robin obviously dislikes the chosen platform and I must admit to not being a fan myself. However, it is quite simple to set up a Facebook account prior to the event and then close it down straight afterwards.

I am a Trust and Legacy member but the following would be interesting to know.

1) How many of you Gasroom regulars are Trust/Legacy members?
    2) How many Trust/Legacy members are there in total?
    3) If voting is required following the meeting, will it be one vote per member? Probably already written into the constitution but maybe someone can tell us quickly?
    4) who will actually be able to vote, is it just the members or would it also include season ticket holders etc. Again probably defined somewhere.

• edited September 2018

I have not used Facebook previously. I have, however, now set up a Facebook account, purely for the purposes of following this week's meeting. It has the absolute minimum of profile information and I have not allowed the Facebook application to have access to my contacts, messages, photographs or other files; just enough to allow me to watch and listen on Wednesday.

The Trust has responded to requests from its members, including myself, to make this week's meeting available via a live stream. They are doing so using a communication platform that will allow any member to watch/listen whilst providing them with a level of control to limit that access to Trust members only. Whilst I have reservations about using Facebook, I appreciate the effort that the Trust have made.

• I’m currently away armed only with an iPad. I’m tied up this evening until about 10 pm. Can anyone advise if it’s possible to record the stream on my iPad for later viewing?

• @Slaphead The meeting is tomorrow: Wednesday 12th.

I believe there is a facility to record Facebook live broadcasts and make them available afterwards, but I don't know if there are plans to do that.

• For clarificaiton: I mean the Trust can record it and make it available; I don't know if you can record it yourself on your iPad.

• @Uncle_T I’m on holiday and lost track of the days - thought today was Wednesday! Not being able to watch stream live remains a problem.

• I like Andrew Howard and I 100% believe he has the best interests of the club at heart.
    Replace the words Andrew and Howard with the words Ivor and Beeks and roll the clock back to a time when we voted (or not) to just tweak things to allow for outside investment.
    Its not the intentions of the current custodians that worries me. Its the motive of anyone wanting to come into the football club. We are mid league one club at best (at the moment) and how many more examples do people want of knights in shining armour coming along promising so much?
    I'm afraid that if we are losing money hand over fist at the moment then we should have cut our cloth accordingly in the player recruitment market even if that meant a return to division 4. Rolls of the dice rarely result in anything but the house winning.

• edited September 2018

I have double booked myself so if there was a technical way of recording a facebook live stream for subsequent viewing, I too would be interested.

failing that an objective summary of the key points as soon as possible afterwards would be much appreciated.

Key question for me (assuming subject matter is as expected) - do the trust directors believe that the club has a strong probability at retaining league status over the next 10-15 years if we retain status quo?

If not explicitly covered and someone would ask the question on my behalf, I would be eternally grateful!

• edited September 2018

I pay ten quid and have been a ST holder again since the near relegation...does that make me Legacy? Facebook? I've never heard of it! I don;t know why the Trust cannot come round to the house of everyone who cannot attend and re-live the event live! I have better tea and can get some Twixes from the cash and carry.

• @Wendoverman Did you have one of the original shares before 'all the evil'?

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub I have no shares. After the ST I tend to be skint...

• @Wendoverman I may be wrong but I think the Legacy shareholder relates to the small handful of us that had the £1 shares many years ago. The names got jangled a bit I still have my certificate on the wall at home.

• @Wendoverman "A Trust member who has also been a Season Ticket Holder for four consecutive years becomes an LTM." LTM = Legacy Trust Member.

@DevC "If you have a question that you would like asked on the night about the presentation, please send it to [email protected] and Tony will ask your question on your behalf."

Quotes are from Trust website.

• @Wendoverman As I understand it a Legacy Member is an ordinary trust member who has held a season ticket for at least 3 consecutive years. So it sounds as if you are a Legacy Member. (Shares don't come into it.)

• thank you Forever, I missed that bit. Question sent.

• edited September 2018

@Wendoverman said:
    @TheAndyGrahamFanClub I have no shares. After the ST I tend to be skint...

You need to spend less on women, beer and fags then!

• @mooneyman you're not the first person to say that and as I am obviously (possibly) a Legacy member I resent the criticism.

• No problem @DevC

All - please note that I will not be providing direct individual responses to questions posed.