Skip to content

Trust Meeting September 12th

Comments

• Nicecarrots, exactly what is the indefensible that people are only on here to defend?

• I bet @marlowchair doesn’t know as much about other topics you have shared with us though @DevC (wink, wink).

• @marlowchair said:

My position is that do to good work and discipline from the board and staff generally (not always) over the past 5 years,we have remained sustainable and used player sales and football fortune to reduce substantial legacy debt.

By definition we are therefore closing in on being in our best position in many years by being debt free (free of servicing costs which restrict cashflow). That we have survived and indeed grown as a football club on pitch during this time is a great achievement by all,directors included.

Why we should entertain selling the house now that we’ve paid off the mortgage is something that needs plenty of explaining and justifying by the board tonight in my opinion.

@marlowchair, frankly this pretty much encapsulates my thoughts on the matter and indeed the entire reason for the meeting tonight, which I shall be attending. I have complete faith in our Board/Trust Directors who clearly love our club and I will be fascinated to hear their rationale. Their internal and in depth understanding of the club workings and prospects has value beyond our somewhat 'outside' view and should they be seeking a mandate for change, I am likely to be guided by their more expert view. Whatever the outcome, we should try to ensure that we retain as much of a say in our club's future as we can (and indeed do now).

• Can only watch by video tonight, if you find it all goes quiet and you can't think of any questions you can have these at no extra fee.

Why now? Was coming off our route to break even deliberate? If so was anyone consulted?? How do any "investors" expect to get their money back? How will any sale or investment improve our efforts at profitability and sustainability long term? Do these people actually exist?? Have they ever broken a football club before? Do they sell property for a living? How would the club and board practically function with a minority or majority of external owners? Would any sale value take into account the level to which existing fans/owners contribute , buy and donate each year? Is Marlowchair Bodger on matchdays? Can anyone involved with ownership, management, fans, contractors or investors make a decent hot chocolate?

• Can we have a Gasroom thread with a fleet fingered attendee giving a running commentary?

• I had wondered the same thing...

• That'd be marvellous

• Can anyone tell a Facebook novice like me how to get the stream. I've gone to the group but don't see anything happening.

• I’m hoping it will “appear”

• 150 members waiting in anticipation

• @Uncle_T nothing there yet - they were testing ok earlier

• Live now!

• Click on videos on the Facebook page - it's broadcasting there.

• Sound good, can't read the slides.

• Just says `Something went wrong - sorry but we are having trouble playing this video"

• Currently awaiting my approval to join the group...

• Is anyone having more luck than me?

• If you're in the group, click on video - top, left hand-side. Can't read the slide mind.

• No.... I am waiting to be approved to join the group

• Ah, I see. I suspect you're out of luck Tom … the Group moderator is probably in the meeting.

• TomTom
    edited September 2018

I would have assumed that there would be someone on duty to see to these matters. It didn't say anywhere you needed to sign up in advance.

• Email Tony? See if he can help?

• Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

• @Tom are you on WhatsApp or iMessage? Happy to relay the audio feed to you if so. The visuals are not good so you wont't miss much.

• @Tom - they have been laying out the financial issues, and presenting four different options, though they have not yet told us who the prospective buyers are.

• So far it's effectively 'everyone loves a fan owned club but fans don't provide enough cash'

• Basically, so far, we're unsustainable and without significant cup run windfalls we're likely to lose £2m over the next 3 years. Possible 4 options going forward now being presented - carry on as we are; minority investment, majority investment or complete takeover.

• Thanks @arnos_grove... I was hoping to watch in quiet while the wife watches some nonsense on TV... But thanks....

• Argument is tending towards "full sale with extra cash".

• 4 options being... 1 stay the same.... And then what?