Skip to content

#PartyAtThePark - Stevenage (h) attendance prediction

Comments

• Does anyone know how long the artificial cap on our capacity will last?

• Its permanent

• @Shev Hope you bought your ticket in advance. It would be a shame for you to fly over then find you can't get in. I have visions of you standing in the car park trying to hear your song being played from inside the stadium.

• edited May 2018

@floyd said:
    Does anyone know how long the artificial cap on our capacity will last?

Until the Sun turns into a red giant!

• @Uncle_T - ha ha, thanks for the concern, and the vivid picture! Yes, we bought our tickets as soon as we could, a couple of months ago. Still the last bit of remaining tension in the season for me, hoping the song does get played!

• @shev there will be an organised raising of eyebrows if that song isn't!

• @Uncle_T said:
    Funny how lots of people will turn out for a dead rubber match like this, to celebrate the success of "their team", but don't make the effort to come along at other points in the season to support the team in matches that actually have something riding on the outcome.

I fully expect most of the additional attendance will have disappeared again by the time the next season starts in August; unless it's Sunderland at home for the first match, in which case they may turn out to see the big, famous opposition.

I’m just smiling to myself how suddenly all these people Have remembered there’s a football team in town. The upside is a good payday for the club and hopefully, just hopefully they might decide to buy a season ticket or start coming more regularly. lets hope!

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    shev there will be an organised raising of eyebrows if that song isn't!

Shev stand v close to the tannoy system or you will miss your song, our system is really tinny!

• @EwanHoosaami - now that's a protest that would,be fascinating to watch!

@perfidious_albion - I am sure some will consider the tinniness an improvement on the song!

• 7990 (442 Stevenage). 1-0 (JJ pen).
    But will they/have they taken away the Origin banners at both ends of the Family Stand to increase the capacity a bit more?

• we have sold 7300 so I would think 8000 is very likely.

• Ticket sales and seat cleaning oor richie almost seems excited!

• 0-5 Stevenage, ARevell scoring all 5 and giving the old finger to the lips sign to the Valley End, before signing a 10 year contract with the Chairboys in the Vere after the match.

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    7990 (442 Stevenage). 1-0 (JJ pen).
    But will they/have they taken away the Origin banners at both ends of the Family Stand to increase the capacity a bit more.

Where the Origin banners are the seats were removed to replace broken ones elsewhere, mostly by visiting fans in the away end, the Origin banners have brought in some additional sponsorship funds. We also bought some seats from Spurs when the old White Heart Lane was dismantled- hence diff colour blue. All this sensible budget watching.

• Sensible budget watching would be to locate, buy and install seats in the next two days to replace those removed and placed elsewhere. I don't know if it could be done in time but if so, for every, say fiver, spent on a new seat the club are likely to make £15 or so on ticket sales. It's a one off opportunity to get us back up to capacity - I'm sure the Origin banners can be draped over the seats next season. They don't have to be blue - they just need to be installed and tickets released by 3pm Saturday!

• we won't hardly sell whats available so I wouldn't worry about a few seats.

• Before the lines opened this morning:
    100 tickets left in the Beechdean Stand.
    500 left in the Frank Adams Stand.

• Wow, incredible uptake...
    600 to go with 3 full days of sales, looks like we're going to do it.

Is this still giving Stevenage 1800 does anyone know?

• Yes, I believe all the figures the club has quoted are for home supporters. I presume that Stevenage have the full 1800 allocation atm, and we'll only know at the end of the week how many they are returning.

• Will be a shame to see their end at least half empty when we could have splashed some home fans in there.

I guess Stevenage are too awkward to predict, as opposed to say a Morecambe, that you'd know for certain you could jam in the end of the main stand.

• Re: broken seats/ ads over seats.

I'm pretty sure we have more seats than the safety certificate allowed, so although it looks like they're restricting the attendance, we're not legally allowed to sell every seat in the stadium anyway.

• @aloysius said:
    Sensible budget watching would be to locate, buy and install seats in the next two days to replace those removed and placed elsewhere. I don't know if it could be done in time but if so, for every, say fiver, spent on a new seat the club are likely to make £15 or so on ticket sales. It's a one off opportunity to get us back up to capacity - I'm sure the Origin banners can be draped over the seats next season. They don't have to be blue - they just need to be installed and tickets released by 3pm Saturday!

Wow if you can buy, install and get health and safety sign off, and re programme the ticket sales computer system to accommodate these new seats if yours all for a fiver in three working days then please take over all procurement responsibilities for the club, you are a purchasing genius.

• Next season we need to just locate, buy and play footballers who can get us a second promotion. I am available in an advisory capacity at a very reasonable rate.

• Only Chairboys would spend this much time talking about seats.

• @Shev said:
    Only Chairboys would spend this much time talking about seats.

POTD!

• Anyway nobody is going to be singing "Empty Seats or Empty Chairs" at us on Saturday.

We have made 28 predictions so far and we say a total crowd of 7603 which looks wonderfully now like an underestimate.
    The prediction sheet has been updated, but doesn't yet contain any figures which have been revised: I will make those changes. I have included the calculated figures for the enhanced Blue Army, so those who predict can make clear assumption about Wycombe fans seated in the away end.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JHiHtFDSejKdiMqS4uYkg7Zj69pRJs3n0qM4eTQhpqk/edit?usp=sharing

New small print for this special game only: Anyone is allowed to change their prediction for the total up until the club announces that we have sold out. No changes can be made to the away prediction.
    Once the club has announced on Twitter or the official site that we have sold out the home tickets (I never thought I would be writing this.. ) for competition purposes all predictions then stand. I will update revisions up to the time of the announcement and after that only include new predictions.

Enjoy.

One interesting fact - any crowd over 7809 will jump us up the averaage League 2 attendance table from 10th to 7th, overleaping Carlisle, Port Vale and Grimsby, as Port Vale and Grimsby have both played their last home games. Chesterfield are the 6th best supported and we need over 23000 #PartyAtPark ers to overtake them!

Our average home gate this season will be around the 4650 mark. Very creditable and bodes well for League One next season.

• Update on the song for anyone who cares (or can't wait for it to get played so I shut up). The media guys have said they will play it about 15 minutes before kickoff. So if you see a 6"4 bloke with a pregnant wife in the Frank Adams, looking overly enthusiastic, that will be me....singing along to myself.

• @Shev she'll have to be very pregnant for me to see her from the beechdean. Hopefully little Bayo/Luke/Nathan won't make an early appearance in all the excitement!

• @Wendoverman - we are having a little Chairgirl, but the point is taken! I am sure she will kick along to the beat, either way.

• Bayonette?