Skip to content

McGinley should not play in the next two

Comments

• Hartlepool are lucky to even still exist so that answers that one and we all know the serious problems Leyton Orient have had.

• @rmjlondon said:
    Hartlepool are lucky to even still exist so that answers that one and we all know the serious problems Leyton Orient have had.

The last Conference/National League winner not to survive in the football league was Aldershot in 2007/8. All others are now in the first and second divisions of the football league other than Burton who are currently in the Championship.

• the conference this year is very poor, maidenhead with more points than Orient and Hartlepool currently.

• Just to go back to the original thread, having watched the highlights of the 1st goal, I thought McGinley got himself between the ball and the attacker, kept goalside and shepherd the ball back to the keeper. Text book stuff really, just a pity Brown hadn’t read the same book! McGinley may have cost us against Cambridge but there was only one player at fault for that Acrrington goal, and it wasn’t McGinley.

• Just as the ball was entering the penalty area he went to sleep and let Jackson get goal side of him. He should have been shoulder to shoulder using all the pace and strength he could muster until he knew it was safe in the keepers hands. I also agree it was utter dog shit from Brown.

• He's a young kid, miles from home and he's only playing because we've got an injury crisis

You're coming across as a prick mate

• Someone please remind me why we have been “discussing” the relative merits of the National League versus League 2 in the context of this counterproductive, unhelpfully disparaging thread.

• McGinley has been cb for a number of clean sheets. Saturday was a mistake. He will learn from clean sheets and mistakes and get better. He did not take the ball out of brownies hands.

• For me the problem was/is that Brown gets a nose bleed if he has to leave the 6 yard box. Brown is the senior player and had a full view of what's in front of him, he should have taken charge of the situation and taken out everything when going for the ball, ball first obviously. In the end though I doubt the points tally would have been any different. Account were class on the day and obviously have been most of the season hence why they will be crowned champions.

• @eric_plant said:
    You're coming across as a prick mate

Mug

• I did laugh when Accy took a shot from the kick off. If there's one keeper on earth you're not going to catch off his line it's Brown

• The worst ever centre back performance I saw in a Wycombe shirt was Donacien’s loan debut from Villa, look at him now promotion / league one next season who would have thought. McGinley just needs time, unfortunately that is one luxury we can’t afford.

• Mark Foran at Notts County

Wycombe fans all celebrated when he got sent off

• Nigel Gray put in some shockers , and a young lad called Phil Bycroft had a royal stinker when Sutton walloped us 5-1 in the FA Trophy in the early 80's.
    Mind you some of Mcginleys howlers will take some erasing from the mind.

• Perhaps not the worst but Alan Bennett at Chesterfield (ironically) always sticks in the mind.

It was first vs second and they ran rings around us, with Bennett the chief culprit.

• I recall him hacking down a certain Mr J Lester to give away a penalty, and getting plenty of stick for his poor showing in front of the away end, first half.

Can't remember whether Dean Morgan was playing for them that night, or whether he'd got the sulks by then.

Let's not have a repeat of that miserable evening this coming Saturday!

• the Luke Oliver/Michael Duberry combined performance up at Huddersfield was pretty special

• @eric_plant Certainly agree about Foran at Notts County!

• Worst for me was Luke Oliver in a 1-4 home defeat against Yeovil. We’d just equalised, early in the second half, when Oliver came on; fifteen minutes later and we were three goals behind. Don’t think he won a header, successfully made a tackle or found a teammate with a pass in the forty minutes he played.

• Didn't Lewis Christon have a bit of a mare at Stockport, one soaking winter day?

• It’s a all a bit foggy now but I remember big Tel having a mare on his debut

• McGinley is not a Mawson but he is better than the other options we had available, Sido should be back for the weekend so he will play no doubt.

• Norwich away was a personal lowlight. Maybe Norwich's fourth or fifth, they basically just wandered through our "defence" like it was a training game against their kids.

• I think Brown is one of the biggest reasons why our defence has been so weak this season. His lack of communication and authority infects the back-line. You can feel the tension and anxiety he brings from the terrace, it's palpable almost like the balls he lets in the net.

• Ah. Two weeks ago everyone (well most on here) was saying what a decent job Brown has done for us. Now he is taking all the flak for our defensive woes all season.

Not saying he is the best, not saying the first goal on Saturday wasn’t an almighty clanger but overall, for a club with a supposedly low budget, he’s done okay.

We’ve suffered defensively mainly because we hadn’t adequate cover for losing a key central defender for 6 months.

No criticism. If you look back and think CMS or experienced CB bench warmer as the August window closes what would you have done?

• @bookertease - I think Brown has done a decent job in that he makes the saves a League 2 keeper should be expected to make. However, I don't think one can argue that his presence is the strong and commanding figure to settle the constantly changing defensive partnership that we need.

• brown ia a decent non league GK...is stays on his line ALL the time...defence are not confident with him behind them, we have been truly spoilt with some amazing GK over the last 5 years or so....brown must be one of the weakest we have had. look at the Accy GK...comanded his defence and his area brilliantly.

• @prufrock_91 I don’t disagree. I think my point was that if we hadn’t have had the constantly changing defensive partnership we wouldn’t have any where near the problems we have had at the back.

Unfortunately that is the lot of a lower league club with not much money to throw around

• Brian Parkin was worse than Browny.