Skip to content

Match day thread: Crawley

Comments

• Love pedantic, as you know. Would be good to meet on Saturday at the supper. Not sure how that can be engineered. I hope to be sitting with Peter Barrington and his son. Do you know him?

• @micra I am. Only the second or third time this season I’ve been able to take advantage of iFollow.

@ValleyWanderer I always put our score first.

• edited March 2018

Sorry @micra , no I don't think I do. I'm with the missus on Saturday as she coming along to enjoy the 'Director for the Day' 500 Club Xmas draw prize we're having and she's got white hair. You'll spot me as I have to wear a tie! Pretty good day overall though. Certainly will be if we win! I'll as who Peter Barrington is and look out for you as it would certainly be good to meet. 1-4 tonight? :-)

• Is the game that boring you're planning for the weekend ready?

• 3-1. Oh Sido Jombati!

• Made all the more remarkable by the fact we’ve not had the ball in the 2nd half.

• I hope we get another year of Sido at least.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Time for Thompson to get his first goal!

• Or CMS to come on for another hat-trick

• Let's get a higher GD........you never know if you might need it.

• I shall wear a lairy tie (featuring a trombone) purchased many years ago in New Orleans. That’s the only feeble competition I will present to Sido in the eccentricity stakes.
    Read your post just before Sido’s goal so your 1-4 looks a good call. Sounds like it’s a game in which Kashket could well open his account.

• Yes indeed m'boy.

• It’s 3-2. Of course it is.

• As I said....you never know when you'll need GD.

• Waiting for the full time confirmation to come up on twitter is always a dreadful time

• Or checking a scores app, and we're there!

What a big win.
    3 points clear in 3rd now, with 8 games left!

• Sounds like we made harder work of that than we should. Anyway 3pts and into third place. Our destiny is our hands.
    Excellent away support, well done to all who travelled.

• Had to turn the commentary off after 80 minutes. Too tense. Then back for added time. Ref added 3 minutes to the original 5. Phew!

• 3-2 flattered them in the end. Decent on the ball, but no threat until we cleared out of their way. The ref fell somewhere between pathetic and comical, but he did get the sending off right. The Crawley player then had to be held back by a steward from getting at Luke as he lay on the ground.

• That was Sido in a nutshell wasn’t it. Utterly imperious in defence for all but 5 seconds of the match and unfortunately it cost a goal.

Slightly spoiling what was an outstanding performance from him overall.

I’d keep persevering with him as a CB though.

• Is anyone out there clever enough to work out what profit/loss would have been made had you bet a quid on Wycombe to win 3-2 before every game this season?

• Your usual score,Mr ainsworth? Good choice.

• @eric_plant said:
    Is anyone out there clever enough to work out what profit/loss would have been made had you bet a quid on Wycombe to win 3-2 before every game this season?

Why don't you ask Dev?

• A great away day. Noise for almost 90 minutes from strong travelling support and a good showing on the pitch.

Crawley looked a good side in possession but 2 goals flattered their end product.

It would be nice to manage games out more effectively rather than shitting bricks every week for the last 5 minutes. Getting Stewart back would be a huge help in that respect but the centre backs had good games. We were so good at it in the play off season...

Couldn’t see much of the red card through the goal netting but the stewards had to pile in. Luke apparently in classic wind up merchant mode.

County game is going to be season defining.

• @eric_plant I think they’ve stopped taking bets on it now. Unusual betting patterns. I understand the Bristol Rovers chairman has written to the FA

• @floyd said:
    Made all the more remarkable by the fact we’ve not had the ball in the 2nd half.

I have to say that your observations on the game are quite different to mine. Yes they had a lot of possession but it mostly fizzled out near our penalty box and for a ‘footballing’ side they certainly weren’t averse to leaving a foot in. I think we thoroughly deserved the win but perhaps you’re looking for something more.