Barnsley approach for GA

1235»

Comments

• LX1LX1
    edited February 2018

• we knew they weren't going to appoint Ainsworth though

who they eventually went on to appoint was their business

• Did we?

• I'm with @DevC on this one. I wasn't convinced we were safe until the appointment was made. Just because the first approach was refused...

• It might only be slightly good news, but it is undoubtedly good news. The probability of Ainsworth leaving is reduced now there is no longer a vacancy at Barnsley.

• @Chris said:
    It might only be slightly good news, but it is undoubtedly good news. The probability of Ainsworth leaving is reduced now there is no longer a vacancy at Barnsley.

Yes, I think I side with you @Chris on this one.

• Why is it good news they didn't appoint Ainsworth?
    Erm, cos we'd potentially see our season derailed.

Or am i missing something here?

• I was absolutely certain that Ainsworth wasn't going to Barnsley

even before the announcement came of the appointment they were clearly looking elsewhere

by the time they made the appointment it was neither good news nor bad news for us really

• Sadly us mere mortals don't share your omniscience, oh master.

We mere mortals are a tad relieved.

Couldn't let us know Fridays lottery numbers by any chance?

• what an idiotic post

• Eric, do you agree that Ainsworth not going to Barnsley IS good news for us though?

It seems odd to argue that it isn't, based on the likelihood of it not happening.

• I think lx is quite correctangular if a little abuse that the naming of Pete Brown is unnecessary and targeting someone who probadly doe not even read this forun

• I did not think he would leave even if the club had not already said he was not going to leave for reasons I have already stated. The clincher for all of us surely is richie constantly telling us GA isn't good enough.

• @wycombelad said:
    I think lx is quite correctangular if a little abuse that the naming of Pete Brown is unnecessary and targeting someone who probadly doe not even read this forun

Can you translate please?

• Probably my fault for first using the example of "Brown", compounded by others putting a first name on.
    Brown's a fairly common surname in fairness.

Oh well, we move on.

• deary me

Yes, it's good news Ainsworth is staying

But we knew that before Barnsley announced their new manager

Is it that complicated?

• We didn't 100% know that GA wasn't leaving for Barnsley until the new appointment was announced, although it was looking increasingly improbable. But once it was announced at least we could go on to worry about something else, Scotty's current fitness for example.

I know it was irrational to still see it as possible, but some of us football fans aren't renowned for our objective rationality at the best of times

• seems to have been a collective outbreak of bedwetting to me

Gaz was never going to leave us for Barnsley - give the man a bit of credit

• That is taking the piss.

• I did try my best to dampen things early on @eric_plant

• Call me a cockeyed optimist but it has never crossed my mind for a moment that a man of GA’s commitment and integrity would leave before the end of the season. I also doubt very much if he will be in a hurry to move on if we’re promoted. I like to think he is philosophical about the money side of things (provided the club recognises his achievements by remunerating him accordingly). There seems little doubt that he is happy here and if he and his family are also settled and happy where they currently reside (a relatively short drive away, I think) then there is surely much to be said for the devil you know.
    I can dream.

• Said pretty much the same @micra. I think, (but don't know for sure, before you pc brigade start wetting yourselves), that Gaz has lived at his current residence some years now, so a move away for short term added financial gain may not yet appeal?

• New manager appointed at Barnsley:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43085934
    Time to talk about other matters.

• At least we established that GA would definitely have gone to Barnsley, unless he didn't want to.