Skip to content

Match day thread: Luton

124»

Comments

• Excellent night! Rode our luck with a few chances, especially that one through on goal late on, but some clinical finishing.

9 mins of extra time in the second half was ridiculous. Clearly the ref took exception to Brown's very obvious time wasting, flagging it as early as the 20th min!

• Just doesn't work for me.........constantly loading and no play.

• @TheatreOfChairs said:
    Any chance of an Opposition View special for this one?

How about a bit more than the normal 10-15 comments. Around 200 to 300 should suffice that way I can spend most of the morning reading them and then re-read them in the afternoon.

I second that. Wonderful.

• So long as we keep winning I don't care what the opposition fans think. Today was probably one of the best games we've played for a long time.
    GA got tactics spot on with playing PCH slightly deeper and Gape was excellent (actually everyone was). The assist for the third goal was class - matched by Tyson's finish through the keepers legs.
    Brown made a number of very good saves including the point blank stop at the end which earned us the 3 pts just as much as the goals.

• It seems unfair to pick out individuals as to a man they were all excellent tonight, but it’s impossible not to highlight Brown’s saves. How he got to that free kick I’ll never know, it looked set to make a hole in the net.

• Highlights now working...................absolutely great match against a very good side. Fantastic result for us.

• Tonight was hellish at work with very intermittent internet. Think i found out the final score 10 mins after it ended but by god it was worth it. What an incredible result. I know few details but credit to all the players, Ainsworth and all the fans. Chuffed to little mintballs.

• I thought Tyson's performance was staggeringly good. One of the all time greats

But yes, Brown was fantastic. Some amazing saves and made me look foolish

• Contrary to some earlier comments, I enjoyed the radio commentary. Sure, it was, I assume, the Luton team working the goal, but they were good-humoured and positive about the game including after the final whistle when they were full of congratulation for Wycombe and enjoyably positive about how good the game had been. They gave credit to both teams. While there was evident excitement when Luton attacked, this is perfectly reasonable when it is "their" team.

• Good tactics playing Tyson closer to Bayo and leaving PCH to float a bit more. Looks like some homework was done on Luton's high line.

I don't see how anyone can call for a new goalie after Brownie's phenomenal performance tonight, a look at Luton's shots on target tells the story.

Scarr was immense, PCH worked really hard and seems close to his best again, and Tyson's pace and finishing showed just what a great signing he's been.

We'll be remembering this one for years to come. Feels like we've got good momentum with players coming back and what must be the best striking options in the division.

• Arrived home to Marlow still absolutely buzzing after that.proper away end tonight and even got to have a talk to Michael Harriman in the seats near us which highlighted what a nice chap he is

• Brown was immense but there wasn’t a weak link anywhere in the team. Those extra 13 minutes across the two halves made it a nail biting night but in the end a very satisfying one. Result of the season!

• Thanks for the kind words and sorry I couldn't be there tonight. I'm back on Saturday

COYB!

• Absolutely brilliant last night.

Did anyone else spot Henning Wehn in attendance too?

• What a night - pacing up and down the kitchen for the last 15 minutes hardly daring to listen...so proud of everyone, not least those of you who went. Mrs Wig doesn't really get team sports but even she seemed to understand the significance of the result (the three foot jump in the air and manic waving of arms may have helped.)

In the cold light of day, it's sobering to think that if we'd lost we wouldn't be second, we'd not even be in the play-off positions. But we didn't lose, we won, we're second - let's keep it up! COYB!!

• edited January 2018

What a great result...I was surprised to see PCH had scored just before I left work...even more surprised when I got home! Can I pre-order about fifteen more 3-2 wins please.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    Absolutely brilliant last night.

Did anyone else spot Henning Wehn in attendance too?

Yes! He goes to a fair few away games

• That is a fantastic result - well done to all involved

• A bit of an aside really but very pleased to see Kashkett again looked sharp. Put in a full sprint half the length of the field to track back their winger, took a ball inside the box and got a good early shot away and then forced a fine save with a swift reaction to a Gape (?) shot that he prodded toward the bottom corner. He was unlucky not to score in the brief cameo against Preston too. Very good signs after such a long spell out injured. Hopefully he can keep getting more and more game time from the bench and be in contention for a starting place during the run in.

• Love the way last night’s result is still on screen 24 hours later on Sky soccer special, as if to rub it in! Have a quick look.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Love the way last night’s result is still on screen 24 hours later on Sky soccer special, as if to rub it in! Have a quick look.

It’s gone now because Brighton and Spurs have just scored!

• Thank you drcongo great viewing.

• Ditto.