Skip to content

Match day thread: Luton

Comments

• That has to be the result of the season so far.....and taking the chavs at home as well.....COYB!,,,,,,,

• And just to cap it all the Luton commentator’s parting shot was “that’s it then, Wycombe 2 Luton 3.” Unbelievable, Jeff as someone once said.

• edited January 2018

Richie's side are still top though!

• That is a HUGE result. So wish I'd been there to see Nathan Jones face at the end. Nice to hear the commentators say that they'd been expecting Gareth to go berserk at the end like Jones did at Adams Park, but that he'd just walked in a dignified way down the tunnel. What a top man and manager.

• 4 straight league wins in Jan. Manager of the month candidate. Well done everyone involved!

• Don’t bloody jinx us!!

• At least we can put away the old ‘can’t beat the top sides’ line away for the rest of the season. Tremendous result.

• After a few minutes refreshing Twitter we can relax.

What I WAS going to post just as the score went to 2-3 was that GA has a golden touch on subs and selection at the moment. Tyson and CMS off the bench to score last week and this week Tyson starts and nets 2. It’s more than luck I know but sometimes a manager goes through a Midas touch phase.

• Top result and thanks to our Watford supporting mate who met his mate there, Her Inddors was introduced to and has had a good old rabbit with Michael H and his partner. One of the great things about Ainsworth’s tenure is that his players are not only talented but throughly decent people. Manager as role model. Something you don’t see so much of anymore.

• Hope young Tafari is not badly hurt. Sounds like it was ball to face at point blank range.
    Hope Blooms recovers quickly from illness and that Sam Saunders, Anthony Stewart and Sido Jombati are all on the mend.

• @Manboobs said:
    Top result and thanks to our Watford supporting mate who met his mate there, Her Inddors was introduced to and has had a good old rabbit with Michael H and his partner. One of the great things about Ainsworth’s tenure is that his players are not only talented but throughly decent people. Manager as role model. Something you don’t see so much of anymore.

Totally agree with that @Manboobs, GA is indeed a true Manager and Leader.

• What a night. Absolutely electric.

Scott Brown take a bow. A man of the match performance and then some. Sensational.

We ought to lodge a complaint against the referee. Absolutely diabolical and almost farcical in how totally one sided it was.

• I can’t be the only one relishing this weeks opposition view. God speed @Vital!

• YEEEEEEEEEES

• Luton fans on BBC 3CR already blaming the ref and accusing Wycombe of time wasting .

• @Stewie63 said:
    Luton fans on BBC 3CR already blaming the ref and accusing Wycombe of time wasting .

He made it up to them with 9mins........what a win coyb

• There are hilarious scenes on twitter with Luton fans going absolutely apeshit about our performance!

• It's difficult to moan about timewasting after being given an extra nine minutes to make up for it. What a fantastic result. This was exactly the point of last season we lost momentum and ended up with a dispiriting finish. Tonight was the best riposte to that possible. Can't wait for Saturday now!

• @floyd said:
    I can’t be the only one relishing this weeks opposition view. God speed Vital!

Listening to 3 Counties you can already get an idea of what it will be. Basically the comments so far have been about us time-wasting and the fact that they're still top of the league. Sour grapes...

• @Stewie63 said:
    Luton fans on BBC 3CR already blaming the ref and accusing Wycombe of time wasting .

Our friend who is a season ticket holder there is convinced that were it not for the astonishing bias shown by all of football officialdom, Luton would be in the Premiership by now. Apart from that he’s quite rational. Must be something in the tea.

• I thought the Referee was unfair to Luton, making them play an extra 10 minutes after their 90+ minutes on Saturday. Did he not realise that we were fresher as we didn't play on Saturday

• Need to write a match report for that. Where do you begin? That was epic

• Have 3CR let @bluntphil out of the cupboard yet? Most unfair to lock him up so that he couldn't provide a bit of balance to the commentary.

• How they can bemoan the refereeing I truly do not know! He blew for a foul by Bayo almost every time the big man dared to even so much as draw breath, yet resolutely refused to award anything against their defenders all night.

They ought to take a look at their defending and tactics instead. Holding a defensive line on half way and leaving Tyson the rest of the pitch to run into was a costly mistake.

• Just seen the highlights, what a ball from Gape for the third, outside of the right foot!! Class!

• The moon is blue tonight

• @WelwynWanderer said:
    Just seen the highlights, what a ball from Gape for the third, outside of the right foot!! Class!

Where are these highlights please?

• Blue is the colour!

• Any chance of an Opposition View special for this one?

How about a bit more than the normal 10-15 comments. Around 200 to 300 should suffice that way I can spend most of the morning reading them and then re-read them in the afternoon.