Skip to content

Match day thread: Luton

Comments

• Good luck to the boys tonight. Let's upset Nathan and Richie with a surprise victory with a late Beano goal against nine men.

• COME!
    ON!
    WYCOMBE!

• Luton Manager:
    "Hylton is in a lot better place than he was last week. He won't be fit for the game, but he's close. McCormack's back in full training, Cuthbert's closer, whether they are for ready for Wycombe is one thing, but we're in a slightly better position than we were.

• Sounds like a rather convoluted way of saying nobody's back. Unless he's from the Ainsworth school of disinformation.

• Hylton not fit for game. McCormack and Cuthbert are possible. These damn managers with their disinformation at press conferences...when will they give the fans all the information we deserve? Will Hylton play? Are McCormack and Cuthbert any closer to playing? Damn his eyes!!!

• @OxfordBlue said:
    Sounds like a rather convoluted way of saying nobody's back. Unless he's from the Ainsworth school of disinformation.

I'm not sure I read anything from that and to be fair to GA, I can't imaging any manager worth his salt giving away team information prior to an important game until he has to. We shall see later....... :-)

• I forgot to add....................COYB!!

• edited January 2018

Can’t be there tonight due to a badly sprained neck sustained whilst sleeping (I do dislike being old). I shall rely on Her Indoors phoning in the commentary. “We’ve got the ball, he’s passed it to someone else, now it’s in the air... oh wait they’ve kicked it off... we’ve got it back... oooh oooh.... I think we nearly scored but I didn’t bring my glasses so I’ve no idea who it was.” Estimable woman in many ways but Blunt Phil she is not.

My ticket has gone to a Watford supporting mate. Seemed appropriate. He happens to be friends with Michael Harriman’s brother and knows JJ’s next door neighbour. From which tenuous connection I have gleaned only that Michael’s brother is a nice chap and JJ makes an excellent neighbour.

God I wish I was there but I can barely move and no chiropractor worth their salt would recommend two hours siting in the Kenilworth Road away end as a way to treat musculoskeletal injury. Ah well.

• Hylton is 100% fit and feigning injury to avoid a reunion with Bayo

• I can't recall being as excited about an away game I'm not able to go to for a very long time. Possibly since the Mawson goal game against Luton! Marcus Bean this is your moment. COYB!

• It's time we had a mazy run from midfield and a confident strike in the top corner from Beano. Sort it out Gareth!

• Can't be there tonight....damn having to work for a living.

COYB! Three points will do nicely please.

• Same here. And I'll likely be out of Wi-Fi reach. COYB!

• Got a spare for tonight if anyone wants it?

• There’s a blue moon tonight. Hopefully an omen

• Loved your post @Manboobs. You have my sympathy for the neck sprain, envy for having a wife who’s into football and complete understanding of her inability to match @bluntphil as a commentator. He is ace and I look forward to tuning in at 7.45.
    Get well soon and try not to leap too high when Beano scores the winner.

• 4-3-3 tonight then with Paris and Tyson supporting Bayo.

Can’t help thinking Gareth might have preferred the four central midfielders in a diamond that he played against Luton at AP and last time out at Crewe.

Bloomfield’s illness may have forced his hand however as starting with Curtis Thompson would have been a bold move.

Can’t say I’m too bothered however, attacking is the new defending.

• Goals tonight

• @micra said:
    Loved your post Manboobs. You have my sympathy for the neck sprain, envy for having a wife who’s into football and complete understanding of her inability to match bluntphil as a commentator. He is ace and I look forward to tuning in at 7.45.
    Get well soon and try not to leap too high when Beano scores the winner.

Thanks @micra if Beano scores in stoppage time it will require a double dose of muscle relaxants and a large Highland Park. COYB!

• Get in! Cowan-Hall.

• Is commentary available on line?

• Any chance the season can be stopped now as we are 2nd ?

• What's happened to @bluntphil?

• @LX1 said:
    Is commentary available on line?

The guy on commentary just said it's available online.

• I'm listening on ifollow but got the BBC 3 counties commentary team? They appear to be rather pro Luton?

• It's 2! Tyson!

• No @bluntphil tonight. Not sure who the commentators are. Sounded very Luton orientated in the buildup but pretty neutral during commentary since. Excellent in fact. We’ve survived a period of Luton pressure and even as I write Tyson makes it 2-0 !!!!

• They can’t tell Bean and Moore apart though.

• Luton pull one back, while we're down to ten. Gape was off the field.