Skip to content

Incoming Midfielder....Curtis Thompson From Notts County for the rest of the season

TomTom
edited January 2018 in Football

About to break on Twitter....

Comments

• TomTom
    edited January 2018

Curtis Thompson from Notts County. Appears to have played once for them this season, in the league cup.

• Doesn't sound very exciting

• Replacement for O'Nien?

• Sounds weird on the face of it. Why would they let him join a promotion rival?

• Lets be honest here - if a promotion rival is prepared to let him go out on loan they don't fancy him much. I am willing to give him a chance and trust Gaz knows what hes doing...

• @Last_Quarter said:
    Sounds weird on the face of it. Why would they let him join a promotion rival?

Because they think he is rubbish?

• @mooneyman said:

Ah, I hoped there might be another reason... I do wonder if it's with a view to a permanent deal in the summer, but the timing still seems odd.

• Not the most exciting of YouTubes

• With a strong record in finding midfielders I think we will have to trust Gaz on this one

• He played 26 times in the 15/16 season for them. Hopefully GA has noticed someone with potential who has been frozen out and just needs the right guidance.

• Strange one this. Ainsworth describes him as "a tenacious midfielder who can win the ball."

I thought we had plenty of those already, and lack a creative attacking midfielder to replace Eze and play the advanced role instead of Bloomfield.

• Perhaps Bloomers or Bean have picked up a bad injury?

• Is Saunders out for a while?

If so, that does only leave O Nien, Gape, Bean and Bloomfield, to cover 3 positions.

It's not unbelievable this is just a squad thickening for cheap, without any further injury or sale.

• First Curtis to play for the club anyone?

• This is a classic gasroom thread isn't it? The excitement followed by indifference.

• Sam Saunders was on Sky Sports EFL MATTERS last night and was in good spirits talking about Wycombe and the game on Tuesday.

• Are you a Curtis @peterparrotface ?

• edited January 2018

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    This is a classic gasroom thread isn't it? The excitement followed by indifference.

Let's be honest Righty, it does "appear" on the face of it a tad underwhelming. I think GAs comments along the lines of, "we will have to be patient with him", probably means he is a long way from match fitness. As has been stated previously, "in Gaz we trust" so will bow to his better knowledge and keep my fingers crossed that he comes good?

• Sorry, forget that. I was thinking it was his surname.

• Beginning to look like GA is content with our defence and I guess bodes well for the return of Stewart, El-Abd, Jombati, WDH and Harriman.

• Hard to understand why Notts County would want him to play on loan at one of the contenders for automatic promotion.

• Funny you should say that @lordmelchester.

• Could be a very good signing by GA. COYB - the final piece in the jigsaw. Obviously Notts County don't fancy him , or he would be playing in their first team squad.

• Very small of stature and likes a sliding tackle judging by a “scouts” video I chanced upon. Dangerous manoeuvre on the training ground! I’ve already forgotten where I found the video and wouldn’t know how to download it, I’m afraid.

• If WDH is fit, then I would expect him to go out on loan maybe.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    If WDH is fit, then I would expect him to go out on loan maybe.

Why, when we have no other cover at the moment?

• edited January 2018

I can see the logic in getting a defensively minded player in to protect the back four, especially with the amount we've been conceding all season.

My concern is that this could lead to us reverting to bypassing the middle third if the pitch when we have the ball. However, it could be that his job is to get the ball to our wide players and let them demonstrate their obvious talent.

Only time will tell. Welcome to Wycombe Curtis!

• I'd love to think this was squad thickening (lovely phrase @Malone) but he looks a bit too close to 09 not to draw a rather less pleasant conclusion.

• Genuinely can't see 09 going anywhere this window. Too many reasons to stay atm. Doubt he would get into a Championship team and he has a decent chance of playing L1 with us anyway?

• Having a more ball-winning / defensive midfielder will allow to LO9 to get forward more - it means he doesn't have to sit in that Makelele 'hole', and we know what he can do further up the pitch. Potentially a good signing.