Skip to content

Match day thread: Leatherhead

124»

Comments

• @Chris political correctness gone mad...

• Pretty much spot on @eric_plant . I don't have much time for most of the referees I see at professional matches. Hate is probably too strong but I certainly don't rate them very highly at ref's or as people.

• I think you mean ogling - oogling might happen on a model railway with the right spec.

• edited December 2017

Just a little joke, Adam. For one so happy to hand out abuse, you do seem to have very thin skin (unlike your mate who allegedly miraculously survived a full scale headbutt from AP with such minor damage - he must have very thick skin indeed).

On a serious note as Wendover alludes, on-line mud sticks, but often only vaguely. you are the guy, an internet search tells me, who was involved in the street fight with Aaron Pierre and in shouting racial abuse. I am already beginning to judge you. I am also judging the company you work for, details of which were not hard to find nor for that matter were your schooling and exam results. I dont matter of course, but the next person to look might be a prospective future employer or indeed the HR department of your current employer who might not be overly happy at having an employee employed in a customer facing role getting drunk, fighting and yelling racial abuse. they could legally see that as gross misconduct.

you may want to give that a little thought. or alternatively you may not - can't say I am overly bothered either way.

• On a serious note...one man's ogling is another man's oogling. Or so I'm told.

• @Baldric said:
    I think you mean ogling - oogling might happen on a model railway with the right spec.

I'm not sure Dev has a model railway.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=oogling

• The perils of judging someone on forums and social media. I blame the youth. What is the world coming to?

Oh no. Sorry we’ve had that debate. Senility on my part

• @DevC Seems to me your 'little joke' was designed to elicit a reaction from Adam so that you could resurrect the issue and engage in your favourite pastime of pontificating.

Trolling... again

• @mooneyman - fair enough though urban dictionary isn't always definitive. One of the contributors suggests oogling is spending too long staring at Google. Made a bit of a mess of my Hornby 00 reference. :(

• DevC you are a grade A c###, that's what my internet forum search has told me, I only had to read this thread.

• A grade A card? Quite a compliment!

• Grade A cook?

• I think hash tags go before phrases nowadays. Should be #gradeA?

• Once you've reached the top it's downhill from here on in @DevC