Skip to content

Northampton Tickets

124»

Comments

• A direct reply to you?

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    What is more irresponsible, my post or going in the home end at one of our more local rivals?

There is absolutely nothing irresponsible about going in a home stand as long as you act responsibly. Suggesting it will be on the edge of going back to the 80s is complete and utter rubbish and creates an atmosphere of fear.

• Absolutely agree with LX. God forbid football fans being in close proximity to each other at a match.

• I think you have me wrong, I'm all for civilised behaviour inside football grounds and a utopia of fans mixing in the stands. No one wants trouble. I'm just trying to say that you shouldn't be surprised if there is some grief from Town fans if they suss any of you. I hope that all is peaceful and interactions between fans are in the Corinthian spirit but rightly or wrongly Ainsworth teams aren't loved the land over.

Anyway, let's hope we're all celebrating at Sixfields and that you're right.

COYBs.

• Don't see anything specific to the Wycombe game on the Cobblers site, except the usual comments of any away fans found in the home end will be ejected. Also looks like the lower west stand has been redesignated as the temporary family enclosure with the East stand being closed. Might be on the hill after all.

• @Lloyd2084

Anyway, let's hope we're all celebrating at Sixfields and that you're right.

COYBs.

Agreed Lloyd lets hope its a party!

• Just dropping in having read this thread with a few Cobblers observations.

To confirm that the allocation will not be increased. The ground is 3 sided currently and no team has been given more tickets due to not being able to segregate safely. Luton could have sold their allocation three times over and quite a few tried to purchase tickets in the home sections. The Club quickly put a stop to this by only selling to those on the existing NTFC database and also cross checking against the LTFC database. As a result a number of Luton fans had their tickets cancelled and were refunded. I know a few did make it and kept very quiet (mainly due to the result) and there were no issues. The same can't be said of a few other teams over the years whose fans have not kept quiet and there have been problems as a result. We don't seem to take kindly to visitors on our patch.

As for the game, well I'm sure after what happened at your place Wilder will not need to deliver much of a team talk. I'll refrain from dragging it all up again, and know full well you will have a differing view. The phrase 'wanting to p*ss on your party' springs to mind. I have to say most Cobblers fans would rather see Bury go up if only for logistical reasons. Anyway time will tell

All the best