Skip to content

Northampton Tickets

I don't think there has been much discussion yet on this, but does anyone have any idea what is going to happen with these? We should easily sell out, and the away end is pretty small...

Comments

• I would expect priority to go to people who have bought over 8 away tickets first. If its done any other way people who have attended every away game could miss out.

• How are you going to identify those fans that pay on the gate away? The only fair way is season tickets one each first come first served - apply in person.

• How many season ticket holders do we have and what's capacity of their stand..maybe they will open up another stand like we have done for luton.

• well as there is only 800 tickets, that won't work ....... people who buy tickets for away games via WWFC will receive priority. If not there will be uproar.

• and we have 2500 season ticket holders I believe

• I have a strong view that those whom brought from the club and went to Torquay last season, which was looking like a funeral should be given priority! Good times and bad, true loyalty!

• The away ground guide suggests that we could also be given an extra 300 in another stand, so we could be looking at around 1100 in total. Hopefully the fact that we gave them an extra allocation for the Good Friday game at AP last year will count for something!

• For those who don't know, Northampton Town currently are operating a 3 sided ground with a capacity of 5,100 which means there will be no extra tickets as the stand used for these is currently being rebuilt.

• This appears to confirm we will only get 800 tickets. It would be good to have some clarity soon as to how these will be prioritised.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-two/sixfields-stadium-northampton-town-fc.html

• For what it's worth I think those who made the trip to Torquay for the last game of last season should get first go this time around.

• Is this in priority to Season ticket holders. I think they should have 1st priority

• I firmly believe those who went to torquay first

• Typically in these situations the generally policy was that priority would be given to season ticket holders with x away ticket stubs and/or away ticket purchases recorded on their Blues Card. After that point I'm guessing it would be STHs and non-STHs with x away ticket stubs/purchases on their Blues Card.
    Usually x = 4, which generally gives a fair reward to STHs who have travelled to a number of away fixtures over those just going to a particularly important away fixture when there is a limited allocation.

Allowing all those who went to Torquay last season to purchase a ticket for Northampton in the first round of ticket sales is a nice idea but I don't think it'll be possible with the limited size of the allocation at Sixfields.

• Season Ticket holders. The away thing doesn't work as most pay on the gate ie today

• I always make sure I buy at least 4 or 5 from WWFC each season but most are unfortunately like today. Not even a

• Tickets for the home end looks the safest option. Non season ticket holder, travelled to 15 away games including hartlepool, tranmere and carlisle. Travelled to torquay, cannot have a season ticket due to living away from wycombe, but am not missing it!

• FWIW, if there was actually an accurate way of recording away ticket sales, my method would be:

Phase 1: Season ticket holder PLUS five away games this season OR Torquay last season
    Phase 2: Three away games this season OR Torquay last season
    Phase 3: Season ticket holder
    Phase 4: General

As a topic of interest, has anyone seen some of the incredibly incredibly harsh criteria for some Prem team away games? Look up AFC vs Liverpool qualifying criteria and you'll see what I mean!

• Yep Im in the same boat

• Irritating for me too as a student living over 100 miles from Wycombe

• Bang on, ive seen m3g at pubs and stations around the country from Tranmere on a tuesday to torquay on a saturday, from the swan and cemetery in Bury to the dodgy old boozer in Barnet! Home end??? Whose in??

• Allocation is 944. Details of priority sale Monday.

• I really hope that the club change it to one ticket for each eligible supporter. Will be so much fairer for other ST holders.

• Stop being stupid

• Don't understand why 2 tickets to one holder..This allowing u to bring mates who are not.

• People who actually go to away games! As someone has said, mainy people travel in groups and as such season ticket holders buy more than one. If u went away more you wouldnt moan. Simple. Home end with me? 12 away games for me, i dont get a shout, am i moaning? No! Get over it

• I have bought 2x for over 15 always this season. Hence I'm glad they let me buy 2x for Winbledon. Would be pretty unfair if they didn't.

(Doesn't mean I agree with the priority order as is, see elsewhere for my thoughts on that)

• At no point did I say anyone else should have priority over those who travel away. I think that's absolutely how it should be... My point is simply that the system as is allows people who may have no loyalty at all to the club to gain preference over ST holders / regular away fans with no ST.

Re. The point of away fans booking multiple tickets, surely these people will therefore have the stubs if bought in advance through the club. And if not, the club can look at such instances on a case by case basis, see who regularly buys multiple tickets, and allocate them accordingly (as with AttitudeEra above). I suspect by the time we get to this level of detail we are talking about a small proportion of our ST holders anyway. This could mean an extra few hundred tickets are then available for other, also loyal, segments of our fan base.

By the way, it may be 'being stupid' to you, but those are exactly the rules Reading used when allocating tickets for their FA Cup semi vs Arsenal.

I would also point out though that I appreciate this is difficult for the club, and not an issue of their own making.

• 944 available, will be a similar, if not identical priority system to the Wimbledon tickets

• I feel no sorrow for season ticket holders, the sorrow i feel is for people from all over the country, the north, scotland, etc, who made the trip to Torquay last season to support the team adversity who are now out in the cold because of glory boys