Skip to content

Match day thread: Crewe

Comments

• Really looking forward to tonight. That rare thing: a midweek home league game. They always seem to be at Carlisle, Accrington, Exeter and the like.

• Commentary will be on BBC3CR 630/1161 MW & iFollow

COYB!

• Anyone got the line up yet?

• Is Stewart injured!? Quite a geriatric team without him and O'Nien.

• This squad rotation will take a bit of getting used to!

• @bill_stickers said:
    Is Stewart injured!? Quite a geriatric team without him and O'Nien.

He is on the bench, probably been told to watch how El Abd does it! Or three games in a week will be a bit much?

• Good to see Gape and Umerah back on the bench, especially with Bean on four yellow cards.

• Looking forward to Eze and Saunders playing together. I guess 3 games in a week was too much for Stewart...

• Was it a dive?

• Well that was down to the wire!!!
    Another win, another 3 points.
    COYB!!!!

• Bloody hell!

• Get in there! Fantastic to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat after the opposite v Luton

• Can’t remember the last time we had a last minute turn around like that in our favour. The commentary tonight from @bluntphil and Luke O’Nien for those last two goals was absolutely brilliant.

• That's the kind of performance that gets you promoted.

• Magnificent!

• Tyson of old! A thing of beauty that strike. As was Michael's. And that Eze fella looked a bit useful out there. Let the good times roll.

• Thankfully I stayed until the end!!!!! What a turn around.......what was Tyson up to after he scored and at the final whistle?

• I confess to shouting at Harriman not to hit it first time. But it was a super strike, with control and power. He is having an absolute superb season. That partnership on the right between him and CMS looks good, as does JJ and Tyson.

We were poor in central midfield tonight though. Bean did really well but had minimal support from Saunder and Eze. The latter is exciting on the ball but non existent when we lose it.

• The Tyson strike was indeed a 'cracker' and the players certainly enjoyed the moment. Eze too was good going forward but sadly, for me, the combination of him and Saunders didn't really work. But for the MOM performance of Bean first half I thought we'd be overrun.
    I'm not going to complain though. Beats the feeling of losing to Luton that's for sure.

• What a way to overcome our Tuesday night standard performance. Well done the team. Two great goals to collect the three points.

• That was another fun one! Before they got the second, we were all over them and missed a few good chances. Never seen Bayo panic before but I think I did today when CMS played him in and he totally fluffed it. When they scored - and I can't wait to see the highlights because I think El Abd and Scarr made a right pig's ear of things - all the wind went out of us and I couldn't see us getting it back. Brilliant strike by Harriman - tremendous control and power. And Tyson's was awesome - the keeper will be disappointed to be beaten at his near post but he absolutely drilled it.

Agree with previous posters about the central midfield. We missed Luke's snap - gather he's out for a bit from Gareth's interview on the radio afterwards. That said, Eze's first touch is other-worldly. When he learns what to do with it after that, he's going to be some player.

This felt like it was going to be a season-crushing defeat. Now: roll on Saturday!

• @bigred87 , can only imagine you mean the goading of one of their players? Seemed a bit of a running battle as their right back seemed to have taken him out off the ball early on and trod on him.
    Missed by the ref, and Tyson and their hideous oaf of a manager had words for ages about it.

When you win it late on, that's the time to give it back

• Eze is a joy to watch but is he a luxury at this level?
    Beano was every where mopping up time and again, he has even discovered a touch late in life .
    Love the oap combo up front.
    El Abd abject.
    Sam S not delivering tonight.

• Saunders was fine when he had the ball, same with Eze - but the reason we conceded was because all 3 offered no defensive protection, charging around all over the place to win the ball back. And with JJ and Harriman bombing forward, it was a wonder we didn't concede more.

But, today is not the time to moan and gripe, it's a time to savour that feeling.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Enjoyed Tyson's ribbing of Michael Raynes, ye olde Oxford Carthorse who got Stevie Craig sent off a couple of years back.

• Everyone in the crowd always seems surprised when Bean does something good but I just think hes a good player. Yes, he can be dodgy sometimes, but in the last few games hes shown us his quality

• Are people joking with their criticism of Eze? That was one of, if not the most outstanding performance I have ever seen from a Wycombe midfielder. By far our best player tonight, light years ahead of Bean. I don't know why his defence is being criticised. He won the ball back multiple times, just like against Col U. Same with his distribution. He makes the right decision on the ball 99% of the time.

• 100% agree about how good he is on the ball. Less so defensively. No problem with his commitment - he's no stroller. But he's also no tiger: he's from the Saunders school of tackling. Works hard enough but just not quite got that dog in him. Wouldn't describe Eze as a luxury player at all. The luxury was in playing both him and Sam tonight. Totally with you about his quality, but without Bean tonight, we'd have been overrun in midfield.