Skip to content

Wycombe Wanderers Women

Comments

• First league defeat of season as WW Ladies, missing key players, lose 5-0 to Moneyfields this afternoon.

• Not sure what the size of the squad is but missing your keeper, your captain and your top scorer must have been a big blow to the team. That aside, they're still having an excellent season so far.

• McIntosh out

• A 3-0 win for WWL this afternoon against Southampton Womens Development. That puts them third, level on points with second placed Abingdon, three points behind leaders Moneyfields.

• @AlanCecil Would it be possible for WWL to play their home match closest to International Women’s Day at Adams Park? Make a bit of an event of it and get a decent crowd in for them.

• Something that could be considered but the club also has contract with Reading Ladies for AP. I will pass it on though.

• Aaah, of course. That could make it difficult. Thanks.

• WW Ladies go through to the Berks & Bucks Women's Senior Cup semi-final after a 2-1 win at Newbury Ladies this afternoon. Newbury, who are struggling in the division above, took the lead but two goals from Tara Woodward completed another good win.

Next Sunday it's a big league game at Abingdon, both teams on five wins and one defeat.

• Any idea which ground it's at in Abingdon? Utd or Town? Pretty local for me so it'll be good to go along and support the team.

• edited November 2018

@MindlessDrugHoover, forgot to give full name, Abingdon Utd, Northcourt Rd, 2pm. They lost to Maidenhead Utd today in the B & B, 3-4 on pens, 3-3 at full time.

http://fulltime-league.thefa.com/ListPublicFixture.do?divisionseason=557346800&league=479698

• Cheers Steve. Hopefully see a few fellow Chairboys and girls there.

• A 2-1 league defeat for the Chairgirls at Abingdon United today, score Tara Woodward.

Next week they are away to bottom club Sandhurst Town in the league.

• No game today as Sandhurst have withdrawn from the league. Next Sunday it's Basingstoke Town away in the league. The next home game is not scheduled until 6 January, against Wokingham & Emmbrook.

• Hey Steve. What happens to points already awarded to teams that have played them. Or does everyone get 3 points

• @TruBlu, the league table still has Sandhurst in it:

http://fulltime-league.thefa.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do;jsessionid=8325E7CCB7D6950EF52A82E1EB70BE9C?psSelectedSeason=874772411&psSelectedDivision=454751288&psSelectedCompetition=0&psSelectedLeague=479698

In these situations, the played games are normally expunged, we shall have to see. Neither Wycombe nor the two teams above have played them yet. I noticed at the start of the season there were a few games postponed due to different teams not being able to get a side up. Presumably that was Sandhurst's long term problem.

• The ladies won against Baisingstoke 10-0 today

• Goalscorers: Chloe Ball (2), Tara Woodward (3), Charlotte Bagshaw (2), Christina O'connor (2), Olivia Hall (1).

17 year old Chloe Ball made her senior debut today. The game was played in Whitchurch because Basingstoke's pitch was waterlogged.

Abingdon United did not play today so the Chairgirls go above them on goal difference, three points behind leaders Moneyfields, who won 2-0 at Shanklin today.

Next game is away to Wargrave next Sunday. They beat Wokingham & Emmbrook 6-1 at home today in the league.

• A 5-0 win for the Chairgirls at Wargrave today, goals from Alixandra Todd, Tara Woodward and Chante Inniss (3). In the only other game today, leaders Moneyfields won 6-1 at previously unbeaten Eastleigh.

Wycombe are second, three points behind Moneyfields, three ahead of Abingdon United, who have two games in hand.

Next game on 6 January, home to Wokingham & Emmbrook, who lost 6-1 at Wargrave last week.

• A reminder that the Chairgirls play their first home game for eight weeks on Sunday, in the league against Wokingham & Emmbrook, who they beat 5-1 in October.

Kick-off is 2pm on the Amersham & Wycombe College 3G pitch, Spring Lane, Flackwell Heath HP10 9HE.

This is the first of four home games on consecutive Sundays, followed by New Milton Town in the league cup, and Eastleigh and Shanklin in the league. I hope to see one or two of these.

The Chairgirls have been awarded three points for their cancelled October fixture at Southampton Womens Dev, who failed to get a side up. That means they are now level on points with leaders Moneyfields, who have two games in hand, six points above Abingdon United, who have three games in hand.

• HT 3-0 to the Chairgirls, also missed a pen. Some fine passing movements, Wokingham yet to threaten the goal.

• FT 9-0 to the Chairgirls. First time watching them, very impressed with their patient build up play and finishing, and they work so hard for each other. Wycombe keeper completely untroubled.

I'll update the scorers later, I can't put names to faces but Tara was amongst the scorers.

• Scorers: Natalie Barette, Chloe Ball, Chante Inniss, Christina O'Connor (3), Tara Woodward (3).

The Chairgirls are level on points with leaders Moneyfields, who beat Shanklin 8-0 at home today. Third placed Abingdon Utd won 4-1 at Alton and are six points behind. The other team in contention, Eastleigh, lost 2-0 at home to Southampton. Next Sunday at 2pm it's home to New Milton from the division above, in the League Cup.

http://fulltime-league.thefa.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do;jsessionid=8325E7CCB7D6950EF52A82E1EB70BE9C?psSelectedSeason=874772411&psSelectedDivision=454751288&psSelectedCompetition=0&psSelectedLeague=479698

It's not good on and off the pitch at the moment for the Chairboys, but this win today has really lifted me. I can see that Flackwell on a Sunday afternoon will become more regular for me.

• @Steve_Peart Do you know how many teams are promoted from that division? Although finishing top of the league may be out of reach, it certainly sounds like they're playing at far too low a level.

• @Jonny_King, I would like to know that, I will try and find out. There are both very strong and very weak teams in this division, not good having such big scores. If they did get promoted I'm sure they would be comfortable at that level.

Some goal clips in tweets:

The last one, 8-0, typifies their passing game.

• Thanks for that Steve.

• @Jonny_King, player and Secretary Emma Newberry tells me that the number of promotion spots could be one or possibly two, depending on how many teams enter next season.

Last season there was a Division One South, and a North, and Wycombe were in the latter. Due to teams pulling out, the two were merged this season into South, as most of the teams are down that way. This has meant extra travelling for Wycombe.

• Come and see the Chairgirls' league cup home match against New Milton Town today, 2pm at south end of Spring Lane, Flackwell Heath (sign says Bucks New Uni). It should be closer than last week's match, with NMT being in the division above.

• HT 4-2 to the Chairgirls, brace each for Chante and Tara.

• FT WWLFC 8-2 NMTLFC, 5 for Tara, 3 for Chante.

• Well done ladies. Keep it up