Skip to content

Blackman

Comments

• And this is why I don't like forums. @bill_stickers has supposedly stood next to me many a time and I have no idea who he is.....
    I'm the one getting abused, yet it's easy abuse as I'm the only person you know who I am as I'm posting under my real name with a picture etc....

• I still stand by my "he's one of the more reasonable ones". Only because I have witnessed what the rest are like ;)

Not quite sure he's established that "gypo" might be an insult youngsters chuckle amongst themselves using, but isn't particularly intelligent to post online under your own name

I think the "Journalist" thing might be being mixed up with 1) that goon who got headbutted who is trying to be one, and 2) Clifty writing the occasional match review for here.

• This isn't a question about who's who. It's about whether it's appropriate to call anyone, let alone your own manager, a gypo.

You can keep deflecting this to usernames but you're not fooling anyone.

I stand by it though, you've always seemed a nice and reasonable person when I've been near you and briefly spoke to you at games.

• @clifty04 let's assume we get that point. Now try justifying the Tweet you made as per my earlier post. There is currently a lot of ducking and diving from someone claiming to be more 'real' than the rest of us. Stop the protest and justify your racial comments

• Anyone else, who is a little older so glad that social media didn't exist when we were this kid's age?
    I'm sure we'd all have got into trouble for writing some nonsense!

• @clifty04 "I'm the one getting abused, yet it's easy abuse as I'm the only person you know who I am as I'm posting under my real name with a picture etc...."
    I have looked at that picture on two different devices, as far as I can see there looks like at least four maybe five different faces in there. The picture quality is about as good as the pictures relayed from the 1st US landing on the moon or a 1970s TV crime watch cctv snapshot. I wouldn't know you from that picture if you ran me over, so please use a singular picture with some clarity if you are going to use the "I use a genuine picture" line. After all, my profile picture is actually me and it is relatively obvious that it is me!

• To be fair @clifty04, with a little bit of research you could work out who most people on here are. I'm sure @eric_plant for one, would happily introduce himself to you. Once you've met Tory Goon, you don't have much left to fear.

To clear up any confusion, this tweet is why you are being accused of racism:

You can find me on Twitter if you like; twitter.com/ed_goode.

• Thanks Floyd/Ed.
    You know where the follow button is if you want to use it....

• Still no answer then @clifty04 ?

I wonder why?

• I know in the internet age it's unfathomable to ever admit you're wrong, but you could really break the mold here Adam.

• You aren't going to get a guy who no doubt regularly bandies such a phrase around (the gang having been quoted on a number of occasions for shouting such phrases post games, for reasons ranging from defeats through to...not clapping the fans quick/long/loud enough) recognising where the problem may be are you? Let's be honest!

I wouldn't be too pleased to be one of those other 3-4 kids in his picture on here though. I wouldn't want to be mistakenly recognised!

• He won't even admit he was wrong about Blackman, still insisting that 'across the course of the season he was average'. No chance he'll admit he's wrong here.

• Surprising Sheffield United have taken on an average 2nd division keeper!

• He'll soon realise what "average" league 2 keepers are like, as we have one now!

• This thread is fucking hilarious. Poor little @clifty04, he's the racist and yet he's the one getting abused?!? And with a real name and everything. Beggars belief.

My real name is Andy Beaumont, and you're a racist.

• @drcongo failing to see the bullying concept on his post. Shame.

• It's not bullying if I use my real name lol

• edited August 2017

Yeah, Adam. Cutting through all the other rubbish, and please accept that I pose it without rancour, I think the question that's being asked is why you used the term "Gypo" when "Gareth" would do much better? This seems especially pertinent to many of us because of the way in which George, who I know you hang with, directed the same term towards Gareth at the end of other, even worse, epithets last Saturday at Port Vale. Do you get that this is not acceptable or appropriate and should be retracted?

Hugh Connor

• Never read so much guff in all my life.
    I imagine anytime clifty04 posts anything in the future, this will be trawled up over and over again.
    How many of you in your early twenties can say you haven't uttered an insult you might not be proud of?
    The fact that these days most younger lads use forms of social media that weren't available when I was his age, means these things get seen as well as heard.
    At least some on here admit that their behaviour has altered as they have matured, where as some seem to have this "holier than thou" attitude.
    OK, perhaps point out to the lad that he shouldn't have used the word and why, but this is just like a medieval public humiliation from a bunch of unknown nicknames that could be axe murderers in real life (for all we know)

• @NorthernBranch and your post reminds me of the George Stokes incident with Pierre. You go public with your view, expect the public to respond using the same tools!

• Morning Mrs Clift, welcome to the gasroom

• We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred and bigotry on many sides, on many sides. You know, not everybody shouting racist remarks at a football match or posting them on Twitter is a bad person. Some of them are very good people, very good people. And what about the alt-left? They came at us asking people not to be racist while not using their real names? Do they have any problem? I think they do. You had a group on one side that was racist and you had a group on the other side that was not using their real names. Nobody wants to say it, but I will say it right now.

• When I was 24 I wasn't posting racist insults on social media, or using them in real life either. He's not a child.

If you say something pathetic where everyone can see it you have to be able to deal with the consequences. What he should do at this point is acknowledge that he was in the wrong and delete the tweets.

• edited August 2017

@realDonaldTrump Good to have you on board, Don.

(Credit to @LX1 for finding that link!)

• @realDonaldTrump WTF was that all about. You must be cliftys brother on a line of cocaine?

• It was a very witty rewriting of Trump's recent defense of the Nazi's in Charlottesville.

Bravo old chap, I thought it was funny.

Lloyd Marchant

• I don't know why damn autocorrect put a damn grocers' apostrophe in my post.

I put my real name to it too.

• It was very funny. I'd guess @realDonaldTrump may be AKA @Wendoverman