Skip to content

Blackman

Can we bring back Blackman?

Comments

• @clifty04 I had been meaning to ask...were you one of the people calling GA a ****ing Gypsy **** at Vale and if so - as a journalist - do you think that is acceptable? But then someone says you've been tweeting it again so obviously yes.

• Don't feed the troll @Wendoverman

• In fairness to Clifty, he is one of the more reasonable amongst "that lot", and will front up under his own name unlike, well, almost all of this site!

• Front up?

• If one of the more reasonable ones is tweeting racist abuse on twitter, what are the rest up to?

• So racism is ok if one puts their name to it? Big if true.

• What a horrible little keyboard warrior @clifty04 is. The Blackman abuse last season looks even sillier now than it did then and today's Twitter abuse is entering very dodgy territory for his career. These things are public you know

• @Malone you're right tweeting borderline racism under your own name is laudable. I suppose. Luckily I prefer anonymous cowards on here just moaning and whinging at each other with the occasional dogshit thrown in for good measure.

• I am genuinely interested in what he has to say. I work in journalism myself and we are under very strict rules regarding social media. And of course, when you go for an interview they have a looky. So I am honestly intrigued about where he works as a journalist and in what he has to say about it if any of it is true that's all.

• What's been said?

• His Twitter handle is pretty obvious. Take a look

• I'm not on Twitter can someone put a link up?

• Not sure you need to sign up to read the posts. Just search for the name in the first post of the thread

• @Wendoverman Where have you decided that I work as a journalist?
    Also intrigued as to where I've been racist.

Brown had a shocker today. Blackman for the last 3 months of last season was brilliant. Across the course of the season he was average and made a lot of mistakes (like Brown did today).

I voiced an opinion on Blackmans form at the time (February when he was making regular mistakes), and now saying jokingly he's better than Brown after today's Brown performance.
    I posted this thread as a joke after today's game and Browns errors, and then get the responses like I have? Yet apparently I'm the immature one and keyboard warrior?

Yet somebody called @Right_in_the_Middle (which has no relevance to his real name or personality) calls me a keyboard warrior when it's clear who I am and I'm not hiding behind a name....

• You used a racial epithet as an insult

• Being accused as a racist, which is wholly inaccurate by people posting under a forum name is disgraceful and cowardly.
    I'm here posting under my real name, with a picture etc and showing who I really am.
    All of you posting under other names and making incredibly false accusations feel big do you?

• I'm one of about 5 on this forum who've posted under a real name and made it clear who I am. I have no idea who half of you are through "forum names".
    Comments tonight towards me, who's come out and shown who is, are upsetting and hurtful when you're the ones hiding behind a name and keyboard.
    You're meant to all be "older and more mature". Prove it.
    Horrible behaviour on this thread from many of you.

• @clifty04 this was your tweet:

Lincoln hoofed it, so we hoofed it. Vale played football, so we played football. Notts hoof it, so we do. DONT MATCH THEM. BETTER THEM GYPO!

The insult "Gypo" IS a racist term and unnecessary and inappropriate. Use of this language doesn't really do you any favours outside your peer group.

• You can't be racist if you use your real name. That's a new one and I'd imagine a huge relief to Nick Griffin and Tommy Robinson.

• I'm hoping you've had a drink and can come back with a more mature attitude in the morning, Adam. If you don't want to be called a racist, don't say racist things. It's pretty simple. Oh, and delete the tweets.

• edited August 2017

@clifty04 talk me through the tweet you posted today about hoofing it against Lincoln and then playing football against Port Vale. I'd love to know if you can justify it in any way at all. Would you call the Wycombe manager that term to his face? Do you think there is any reason why this abuse shouldn't be reported to Twitter or your employer?
    I called you a keyboard warrior as you use social media rather than sciatica skills to make comments. Plenty on here know who I am so my user log in is a red herring.
    Finally your joke to start this thread may well be ok if you ignore the personal Twitter abuse you gave the player in question at the time. That was highly unacceptable. Today's post is awful on so many more levels.

• Tommy Robinson isn't Tommy Robinson's real name

He nicked it from a famous Luton football hooligan

• Ah, that explains why he's racist then!

• Have I said that @bill_stickers?
    Bill Stickers which by the way has no relevance to a real human being or somebody who we can know who they are. Yet I'm the keyboard warrior

• You've missed the point by such a wide mark it's quite unbelievable.

Strangest thing about your online persona is that I've stood next to you on the terrace many a time and you seem a decent bloke.

If anyone is acting differently online it's you, pseudonym or not.

• In fairness, looking at this definition (1) he could have just missed off a full stop after 'them' and used it as his sign off

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gypo&amp=true

• Leave him alone, Bill Stickers is innocent.

• well I'm an actual Swan and even I know you used a racial slur Adam.