Skip to content

Match day thread: Lincoln

1235»

Comments

• Not sure why anyone would be disappointed by Saturday's crowd

If we could guarantee at least 4,000 home fans at every game this season that would be brilliant

• Not amazed by lacking home numbers tbd. We were away on hols as I suspect will be the case for many over the next 2 weeks.

• I was actually surprised and pleased that so many Wycombe fans turned up; maybe 1000 more than I was expecting. Given the timing during the summer holiday season, Lincoln City not being a particularly famous club or a local rival, and the generally low attendances last season, I had expected only 2500 or so home fans to be there, giving a total attendance of 4000-4500.

It was always going to be the case that the Lincoln fans, given the significance of the match for their team, would make more noise than the home fans, and the lack of attacking threat from Wycombe in the second half, following the downer of conceding the lead so early in the half, didn't really give the home fans much to get excited about.

• @micra The Frank Adams stand side of the away end was relatively thinly populated, I thought; for some reason Lincoln appeared to have sold their tickets from the Beechdean side rather than spreading out from the middle. I think 4000 plus home fans for a game in August is good.

• Well, there you are! I stand well and truly corrected and I apologise for being so disbelieving (and for having no eyes!) but I think I was misled by all the talk in the build-up to the expectation that Lincoln would fill the away end.

Disregarding your lack of grace @rmjlondon, and allowing for your customary negativity, I would have hoped that even you would be "pleasantly surprised" rather than "shocked" if the gate exceeded 2000 this evening.

• Meanwhile Plymouth have sold out the away end at Bristol City for a Tuesday league cup game, which despite the fact that the 240 mile round trip will be comfortably their nearest away game this season, is still a little impressive.

Tough season ahead this year for them I suspect. I don't usually care much about other teams managers but it would be a joy if and when he gets despatched back to Scotland.

• My eyes told me that the three home stands were pretty sparsely populated on Saturday so I'm interested to hear the numbers quoted. However it comes, I'll take 5000 for each game.

• The terrace looked a lot busier than in recent times.
    And are not season tkts counted whether you attend or not ?
    Hence I'm sure there were many families away on holibobs in the family stand.

• That might make sense, @ChasHarps . It was the Adams/ Family stand that looked particularly sparsely populated.

• I've got four eyes and thought the imps had a decent turn-out