Skip to content

Adam El Abd signs

Two year deal having left Shrewsbury. Looks like Pierre must be on his way.

Comments

• I don't want to be a doom merchant, but these guys were happy he'd left Shrewsbury http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/94909/el-abd

• They probably said the same about Joe Jacobson.

• boring

• Doesn't mean he can't do it in div2.
    Anyway if Pierre leaves I'd be starting with Sido after his storming end to the season where he looked twice the player at CB compared to RB

• Some of the fb gang have already written him off without a minute of action!

I'm expecting a solid no nonsense tough guy, based off nothing more than his look!

The obvious scenario is that Pierre is off, but just imagine he isn't, and what depth we'd have then.
    Being able to call on him and Sido instead of two green youngsters not really up to league 2.

• Good signing. He has experience and leadership qualities. When Hayes is out we miss strong leaders. Bloomers does by example and is a great cheerleader but give me a Terry Evans type any day of the week.

• He must have been decent in his day to cut it in the second tier. Just because he's working his way down the divisions doesn't mean he can't hack it at this level.

For example I think Distribution Dave Winfield was a great player for us in L2, but totally out of his depth in the level above.

• What a messy hotchpotch that Shrewsbury forum is. Felt like I was reading the same message endlessly.
    Like the El Bad description, disturbing though it is.

• If you include Sido we now have 6 centre halves in the squad. Surely we need to move De Haveland and Muller on to free up the wage budget. Could be bad news coming that Pierre is not signing, and that a bid has been received for Stewart.

• @lordmelchester , you've out negatived even the most negative Wycombe poster there!
    Pierre AND Stewart off? DOFL

• We're not going to have a very tall team if El Abd is replacing Pierre. Other than Stewart, Jombati and Freeman (probably two of which won't start) will we have any outfield players 6 foot or over? @micra ?

• De Havilland, Rowe and Müller of course in the squad but unlikely to see a great deal of first team action I'd have thought.

• edited July 2017

The height did surprise me too.
    A few years ago we intentionally upped the height and strength, but slowly the height is reducing as you say Chris. Murphy went, Jombati replaced by Harriman. Hayes/Holloway at one time

• Competition for places. Throwing in Muller and De Hav together last season cost us. Good to have some strength in depth, and you'd imagine he will get involved in supporting the development of the aforementioned junior central defenders.

• So where replacing him for pierre if he leaves how is this good

• How indeed Trevor.

• How soon is now, Trevor?

• this guy could turn out to be poor for us why are we signing has beens is a joke .

• Terribly underwhelming. Defo not the kind of player that is going to improve our chances of promotion

• I think I'll reserve judgement until I have seen him play.

• I think he will do well. He has played most of his career at a higher level and has a few promotions under his belt so he knows how to be successful in leagues 1 & 2. His age means very little, if anything it is a positive since he should be a good communicator and lead by example.

• @trevor John Terry is 36.........,must also be a has-been

• It must be terribly frustrating for the likes of @trevor and @Wwfc2015_ supporting a club like Wycombe who don't have millions of pounds to splash out on new players every year. You've got to admire their dedication in carrying on supporting us

• i don't mind him being here as long as he isn't a replacement for Pierre who is alot younger and has potential to be better .

• Sounds like an Ainsworth type player very commited old school pro think he will fit in nicely.

• By the looks of him, his track record and Ainsworth's description of him, he could be the new Jamie Bates. Who wouldn't take that?

• I don't want to be a doom merchant, but his name is very nearly an anagram of "Lame and Bad"

• Can he hoof it though!

• Some absolute shuddering apes posting above. How can you possibly write a player off before seeing them play? That is absolute stupidity and suggests the phrase halfwit may be an upgrade on your true capacity.

• Remember the negativity surrounding bayo joining.........ainsworth normally gets it right with his signings I for one look forward to seeing Adam hoofing