Skip to content

Fixture list released tomorrow

13»

Comments

• The club has to make every effort to get in a position where they have a youth squad capable of adding to the first team and satifiying its obligations in the Berks & Berks Cup. It cannot be condidered a true community club until the youth set up is put back.

• Does the SET set-up get anywhere close to meeting this "requirement "?

• I don't think SET is in a position to do so yet from what I've read. I think it would be more disrespectful to the B&B cup if we entered a load of 16 year olds rather than not entering at all.

• Wasn't sure what age groups are covered but if 16 is the oldest it sounds like a non-starter.

• Having said that, when most/all(!) of our squad are fit, we could field a team comprising fringe players, perennial bench warmers and , say, two or three youngsters.

• @HCblue Is it true that the first B&B 'Cup' was in fact a golden stool produced for the winners? Or was that something to do with the diet in those days?

• The SET system doesn't do it for me. Needs to be a proper youth team set up to 18 years old or beyond ( no idea what age these things go to now)

• @Right_in_the_Middle there is absolutely no chance of a "proper youth team set up" - the numbers will never add up.

The SET system needs supporting - the community work alone is tremendous.

• The numbers have to add up @peterparrotface at some point surely. How do other clubs get the numbers to work? How can every amateur club in the country make the numbers work?

• @Right_in_the_Middle I think you'll find the answer is in the word "amateur".

• Was that all a pun?

• We could field a team and tell them not to try very hard.