• First game of the season
  • Boxing day
  • Last game of the season

Here's mine:

• Forest Green Rovers away
  • Swindon at home
  • Coventry away

Comments

• Accrington away in the summer would make a nice change.

Colchester at home last game of the season.

• Exeter away on a Saturday - not over Christmas nor until at least September

Cheltenham, FGR, Swindon and Newport away ditto.

Yeovil away to be cancelled.

At least one away to be timed to coincide with a uni offload/collection trip in the general area.

One random away game to be timed to coincide with a gig by at least one of my favourite bands justifying an awayday trip.

Random home games to be fitted in when in area.

• PS: LDV group games never to get within 100 miles of home.

• Long trip away first game as I can't go
    Home against anyone on Boxing Day
    Swindon away last game of the season to pip them for the title

Col U and Cov away on a Saturday please.

• -Somewhere boring and far away first game as I'm away

-Crewe, Accrington or Morecambe away on Boxing Day as we're at my in-laws for Christmas

-Col U home last game. Title decider. Injuries mean Ainsworth and Richardson have to play. Late in the game, Richardson hits a long, wind-assisted punt upfield. It bounces over the Col U keeper's head and Ainsworth knocks it in with his hand. A flock of swans swoop down from the heavens and steam the away fans out the ground and up Hillbottom Road. Wycombe are crowned champions, Trump is impeached and I find in a tenner on the floor.

• Home to Luton Boxing Day

Away to Barnet or Swindon last day of the season

Coventry, Swindon, Luton home and away all Saturday or bank hol fixtures.

• Forest Green at home first game. They won't bring many fans once the novelty wears off, and would be a good occasion for their first league game.

Anyone away on Boxing Day - just because I probably won't be able to go.

Col U home last game would be a cracker. Or Lincoln away to summon memories of 99.

My biggest wish though is that we don't have to face Morecambe in our last 5 matches!

• Local ones around Christmas, long distance games not being midweek.
    That'd be nice.

• Lincoln (H) first game, Stevenage (H) last.

According to [my] Sky Sports sources.

• Newport (H) on Boxing Day.

• Carlisle away on a tuesday night that should be fun.

• Not sure if it's my internet,but that link doesn't seem to have more than friendlies on!?

• August 5th - probable title decider

• dug them out off the bbc in the end/

Carlisle away on a Tuesday is pretty severe! Accy too!
    Only saving grace is neither are in the very coldest months.

• The current view from the FL seems to be to stick `unattractive' long distance games midweek now since, apparently, only the total loonies go to those anyway and will probably go whichever day they're on. Home to Crewe on a Tuesday again.

Nice trip to Gloucestershire on New Year's Day.

• @MindlessDrugHoover I can kind of understand the logic, benefiting the majority at the expense of the few. However, the few are the one's least deserving of such treatment by the football authorities so it's definitely wrong.

• @MindlessDrugHoover it's even annoying for me and I live in the North West!

• @bill_stickers I'm not defending it, just explaining what seems to be the current FL thinking.

In slightly better news - Exeter away is on a Saturday at least.

• Time for a little rant.

YOYOYOY (to go all monsoony) do fixtures start on 5 August. That's the summer holiday FFS.

Start on the 26th, play a game on August bank holiday and let the lower two divisions run until middle of may with playoff final early June if necessary. World cup doesn't start until mid June and very few Lg1 and Lg2 players will be involved anyway.

• I agree with Dev

• Well, looks like it has...and I doubt they're going to change it now @eric_plant @DevC .

• @eric_plant said:
    I agree with Dev

I'm running a flag up the flagpole even as we speak.

• edited June 2017

be careful you don't fall, Micra.

• I agree with starting later. And I'd start with a double-header over the August Bank holiday (Sat & Mon). You get a home and away game to kick off the season. The logic of starting the season when so many people are on holiday escapes me.

But cricket is exactly the same. Too many County Championship matches crammed into September (the last round starts on Sep 25th!). Loads of free dates in July & August when there are no fixtures - when people are more likely to watch. It seems to take a special breed to become a professional sports administrator.

• I'm lucky enough not to have to holiday during the school holidays and rather enjoy football games with fewer kids at games. Does seem really odd that we will have already played 10 league fixtures before the final home England cricket international of the summer. ODi's at Southampton at the end of September are not for the faint hearted.

• First pre-season friendly played two weeks BEFORE kids break up for summer holidays.

• Pre season friendlies don't count.

• Pre season friendlies are gash!

• My initial reaction to the schedule

A few good 'train' games on Saturdays
    Carlisle (A) midweek is mad, but good opportunity for a few days away
    Would have preferred Exeter (A) midweek for the same reason
    Good to have a dull one that you can do on the coach on NYD (Forest Green) after previous night's imbibing
    Shame that Wycombe have home fixtures on EVERY SINGLE ONE of the 6 FA Cup Qualifying Rounds

Overall I am pleased and it works for me though. Planning on doing 12 aways, considering 2 and not bothering with 9