Skip to content

Obligatory close season points of query

13»

Comments

• End of last season, we barely managed five some games, as I recall.

• So they bring in a rule that could see outstanding players poached for a miniscule fee, rendering quite a few teams having to close academies down, but still expect you to bring some youngsters through.

got it!

• I have to disagree with you, wendoverman.
    The dead have had a lifetime to build up their savings , limited opportunities to spend them, can't take it with them and have no overheads (well apart from six feet soil). No reason to give them a discount.

The undead on the other hand have to fund a retirement stretching into infinity, suffer discrimination in the workplace and an uncertain post brexit future like other East Europeans but offer prospect of many years support ahead. Discounts should be focused towards them.

• That's your finest post in a long while, Dev.

• Can not the near future retirees/pensioners move somewhere cheaper, like Lithuania & then we wouldn't have this repetitive close season discussion?

• Or Accrington at least @Ewanhoosaami

• All the same once north of the Watford Gap services.

• I note that wendoverman and Ewan have completely Ignored the plight of the undead.

They really shouldn't. It's a grave issue.

• This is all too ghoulish for me.

• Oh just let it rest.

• If they' re not over 60 @DevC I don't see why they cannot pay the full whack. The ones I often see lurching around the terrace look like they can afford it.

• Now that's what you call an Early Bird!

• edited May 2017

Keen.

It's not even like the old days where you'd the "Thrill" of seeing what colour the book would be, how many vouchers were in there, and suchlike.

Now it's on a soulless credit card, there really is no joy to it.

• Be nice if this year the card had an image of Big Aaron on it...and Tesco as a new sponsor.