Skip to content

Obligatory close season points of query

Just want to be the first to state:

• where the f@ck's my season ticket - sort it out WWFC, we're almost three months away from the start of the new season and I can't live without knowing what colour my ticket holder will be.

• why haven't we signed anyone yet (even though players' contracts aren't yet up)

• even though we haven't signed anyone yet, the new signings are all shit and are No Better Than We've Already Got

• oh, and pre-season friendlies are gash.

any other essential close season points that need to be made, let's get them out of the way here first, then they're done and dusted, yeah?

Comments

• anyone know when the fixtures are out?

• June 21st @eric_plant

• Are we going to widen the pitch, that's what I want to know.

• And where's Bluey? Still "got a virus" has he?

• Will they fix the till in the Family Stand tea bar before the new season starts?

• edited May 2017

I would urge all Wycombe fans on Twitter to regularly tweet the club asking that they "Announce insert player name here"

For added hillarity, use a player that is clearly not a remotely realistic target.

• What's the new kit design like? Really? As bad as that? And how much?!

• "How hard is it to get Oxford and Cambrudge Blue?!"

• @bill_stickers I must admit. It would be nice to know before I hand over the money for my season ticket. I can remember how depressed I was first game last season when I saw how narrow it was and thought - 'another season of hoof-ball to look forward to then...'

(But I would bet good money it won't be wider next year)

• "XXXXX signs!!!"

open thread

"for Luton"

oh the hilarity.

every time.

• The mindless suggestions of ridiculous targets has already started on the FB page.

Unless you have an exceptional knowledge of the lower leagues, i'd suggest most signings we make are largely unknown quantities, unless we've had them on loan before, or are the massive exception of Akinfenwa.

And even with him a lot of our fans thought he was a comedy carthorse based on 2 watches a season

• Indeed, Malone. Strong possibility that our best player next season will be a kid at Chelsea or Southampton needing first team football - e.g. a Mawson or a McCarthy, or Blackman or a Gape.

• Why is there a shortage of Bovril?

• Stronger possibility that it will be Akinfenwa or Saunders I'd say.

• Is there any truth in the rumour (the one I just started) that there will be Rebellion beers available in the Vere (or whatever the heck it is now called) Suite next season?

• @PBo you're getting a ticket holder??? Who on earth agreed that? When is the next Trust/Board/Drone meeting??
    Meanwhile we will be signing three keepers (one ex-Premiership), three more midfielders and a 45 goal scoring machine from Newark Primark Academicals. FACT

• "We should sign Tarpey"...

• Hayes is useless.

• Steve or Isaac?

• I have just renewed so now I am totally at the mercy of the decision making of Mr Howard, Mr Ainsworth and richie from the shop.

• I miss the 'spotted at Cressex petrol station' days

• I think it's been succeeded by 'spotted nutting a true fan at Tesco' @perfidious_albion

• @Wendoverman said:
    I think it's been succeeded by 'spotted nutting a true fan at Tesco' perfidious_albion

Brilliant!!

• Where's the pre season tour?

• It's a tour of Tesco Locals around Bucks, Berks and Oxon

• My questions for this off-season are

Have we arranged a random friendly with Sheffield Wednesday? (or United, so we can boo Chedwyn Ifans)
    Will they bring back the chicken balti pies?
    How disgusting is the new away kit going to be?
    Can I sponsor Will de Havilland's jockstrap?
    How much has the wonderful decoration of the Vere Suite improved takings?

• If the players can afford to go on holiday we're obviously paying them too much - we're a fan-owned club, players should be spending their summers cleaning seats in the Frank Adams and fixing the broken cistern in the Beechdean toilets. Only after which will they be allowed to kiss the badge.

• @FredWestWycombe I would like an official explanation from the club regarding the bizarre job done on the Vere Suite. Why it is New York metro themed?!

• Wasn't it as a result of a themed corporate Christmas party? There used to be much more up but it's slowly been removed since then and we're left with the detritus now.

• I think the players have all been booked to clean OAP season ticket holders (discounted) BMWs and mow their mansion lawns.