Skip to content

Obligatory close season points of query

Comments

• I've got Jamal Blackman cleaning my upstairs windows.

• Scott Kashket 's just gone up the chimney.

• edited May 2017

@micra tell him my bins need doing before he knocks off.

• Will do.

• What a horrible image

• Aaron Pierre - reconstructive surgery on the cheap

• I got Frank Talia to mow my lawn once. Was a fucking disaster.

• Tony Horseman did some DIY at my house once - afraid he bodged it though.

• @bill_stickers said:
    I got Frank Talia to mow my lawn once. Was a fucking disaster.

Amputations a speciality.

• Now that Glyn Creaser has retired.

• Glyn Creaser used to come round to iron my shirts

• Ive been waiting years for Gavin Grant to come round. I've heard his shooting has improved since he was with us

• Danny Rowe moonlights on the Barrow Gazette - he produces a column.

• Luke O'Nien is looking after my allotment this summer.

• On a serious note when does the rumour mill officially start? How long does richie have to have his ear up against the door before we gets some FACTS?

• @Wendoverman Someone's tweeted we're competing with Gillingham for former Charlton LB Adam Chicksen. IT BEGINS!

• @Jonny_King as long as they spend my £320 wisely...

• I was hoping we'd be in for Zander Diamond released by Northampton, but assumed he'd be out of our league. But he just singed for Mansfield

• I wonder what tune. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds or Diamonds are Forever, maybe??

• Maybe there's some truth to Chicksen. Local lad, unfortunately local meaning a resident of MK and product of the Franchise academy.

• Left back seems unlikely though.

• Jacobson isn't getting any younger. Maybe Ainsworth wants to prime a successor rather than finding one at the last minute in two or three seasons time? Maybe he sees him as a potential winger? Or maybe its a load of bollocks.

• We need cover at left-back, Sido cannot do it all, so sounds feasible. Especially if we are to make the EFL, Checktrade and FA Cup finals on the way to the League Championship.

• Am I right in saying the sole reason suggested for why we might be signing some bloke we have never heard off who plays in a position we don't need is that he used to live 40 miles away but presumably no longer does. wow, bring back Richie.

• Regardless of whether or not the rumour is bollocks (it probably is of course) I'd say signing a reserve left back is of reasonable importance.

Of the seven league games Jacobson didn't play in this season, we lost six and won just one, conceding 17 goals. Not blaming it all on poor Sido of course, but having two (proper) players for every position seems fairly sensible if we're planning to have a good go at promotion next season.

• @DevC We don't need cover at left-back? Who do you put in there, Dev? Get with it...it's summer.There are going to be about 3,000,000 of these names cropping up in the next few weeks...and richie hasn't even finished school yet. If you are already outraged about the first twitter 'signing', you'll be dead come August. (Which I think means you can get a discounted season ticket.)

• I don't normally 'lol' but that did make me smile and do a kind of piggish snort. I don't know how you express that in text speak.

• If Gaz's comments on transfers come to pass, we might be in for a fairly low activity summer.
    Which would be good news in a squad stability sort of way, but just a bit dull for interest!

At least 1 defender, either a straight Pierre replacement, or reading into his "we've conceded a number of silly goals, so we'll look at the defence" type paraphrase.

Maybe a goalie, if Blackman for some inexplicable reason was allowed by Chelsea to come back.

Or otherwise, someone could can fill in along the back 4 when needed.

2-3 signings, keep everyone not already released, and that's already a pretty good squad.

• We definitely need to sign two or three U18s or U19s for the 2017/18 season if we want to be able to meet the 2018/19 rules for having at least one "club-developed" player in every match day squad.

• Stewart would presumably count, unless his time at Crewe rules him out - but he might be the only one?

In any case the punishment for not naming a club developed player is fielding a maximum of six substitutes rather than seven which isn't the end of the world.