Skip to content

Can't wait for Good Friday vs Oxford Utd!

13»

Comments

• @spiritof86 said:
    We won't be parking no buses so I'm going for a exciting 2-2 draw .

I was nearly right !!!

• @spiritof86 said:
    We won't be parking no buses so I'm going for a exciting 2-2 draw .

Hats offs to you/Oxford took the spoils and where part of a 5 goal thriller.

• I had a bad feeling about this game beforehand - there hasn't been a home win in a Wycombe v Oxford league match for either side since 25th Feb 2006 when we beat them 2-1 at Adams Park.

Oxford from the off looked like a side poised to counter attack and it was like a re-run of the Bury home game earlier in the season when we were hit on the break too easily, though this time Oxford were clinical in their final ball and finishing. For all our possession we didn't force their keeper into any meaningful saves, just collect balls hoiked into the area. The only save he did make was when Holloway's piledriver ricocheted off their defender straight into him, and he knew the square root of sweet fa about it. Generally the Oxford performance wasn't a masterclass by any stretch, though it was far more effective than the stage fright we showed.

Feelings ran high at the end as we lost a big game for us - not just the title/promotion race but also no small amount of local pride - but Monday will be another even bigger game for us. So far this season we've done well at putting bad results and disappointing performances behind us and coming back stronger, and I'm sure we've got it in us to get a massive result at Burton.