Skip to content

Can't wait for Good Friday vs Oxford Utd!

edited March 2015 in Football

Not been able to use my half season ticket so far because of long-tern illness but hope to be there on Good Friday.

Let's hope we can 'crucify' PNL and cause a God Almighty earthquake come 3 O'clock! COYB!!!

Poll not found

Comments

• They're already creaming themselves with excitement for their cup final...they are an utter irrelevance.

• Tables turned from last season but we still need to be focussed to beat them. I hope our new loanees recognise the local rivalry and how much this one means to us all.
      Expecting some genius to respond with all games mean the same (3 points) but this is different we really do loath the PNL.

• The loanees we had when we turned them over in the away game turned up so I don't see why they would not on Friday

• Good point Bourne

• All games are equal.

• ... but some are more equal than others.

• @Bluebottle don't be so teamist

• Just been on their fans forum. Usual shit about us being Conference club, average team, crap at home, no atmosphere. Time they woke up and smelt the roses

• Well at least Wilder isn't their manager now. As such we might see Oxford staying on their feet and not rolling round like a bunch of pussies trying to get our players sent off after every challenge. That savagery on the eyes awaits us the last game of the season at Northampton. I sincerely hope that we may have secured promotion by then and Northampton need a win to get in the play offs, which we deny them. Nothing against Northampton, but I sure do detest Wilders' football philosophy which involves time wasting, diving, cheating and generally ruining any hope of entertainment. COYB's!

• @PatMacGroin Just had a quick look myself, some of them have really strong prescriptions for the rose tinted glasses they are wearing.

• They're keen on the White Horse though

• Hello guys , we will be in the White horse, we might just stay there !

• edited March 2015

@spiritof86 said:
      Hello guys , we will be in the White horse, we might just stay there !

If I had watched the dross Oxford have served up all season I would probably opt for a strip bar too. You could always come for the Wycombe though.

• I can't argue , it has been dross but I'm afraid I'll draw the line at coming solely to watch you lot of plucky non leaguers !!!

• Despite all the talk on both sides about this not being a "real" rivalry, I think we all know this is one we really don't want to lose. The form book will go out the window at least to some extent and we are so much better away than at home. I doubt I'd be alone in saying that I'd take a draw now if I could.

• Lol. Plucky non leaguers. Have a look at recent history and see who was there last

• @PatMacGroin said:
      Lol. Plucky non leaguers. Have a look at recent history and see who was there last

We just popped down and had a look, we didn't like it so we returned !!!

• Pop back if you like

• You were never good enough to win it Mr 86 or win the FA Trophy.
      Your only success came on the back of money stolen from pensioners !!

• It's pretty tragic if Oxford are trying to steal the PNL name for their own. Maybe you'll get your own sense of humour once you get a 4th stand.

• 'spiritof86' when you visit the Chairmetropolis you guys can stand / sit even - behind the away end goal - old fashioned compared to your place I know, its a bit of a walk from the car park (unlike the Cinema Plex Stadium or whatever you call it) but the view is quite good.

• @ChasHarps said:
      You were never good enough to win it Mr 86 or win the FA Trophy.
      Your only success came on the back of money stolen from pensioners !!

If your going to get promotion why not go via Wembley as for the fa trophy that really is non league just look at yesterday's game ! Back in the early eighties we was never prolific in the transfer market it was down to Jim smith's brilliants as a manager that got us success!!

• *Brilliance

• @spiritof86 What a cracking game that was; it had everything.

• It will be interesting to see how many Oxford bring along for their Cup Final this year. I doubt that it will exceed our crowd at the ground with three sides and a penalty catchment car park

• we will have around 1600 , not bad for a team which has been very inconsistent and down right dreadfull at times !

• @railwaysteve - it will. Anf that will fill the coffers very nicely. I'm just very disappointed that I booked a weekend away over Easter without any thought about fixtures! Could be a good omen - I missed the Shrewsbury game through illness and recovered for "after the Lord Mayor's Show" against Accrington.

• @spiritof86 Well, you're used to it I guess. Say hello to Bristol Rovers from us next time you decide to check in on the conference.

• @spiritof86 "Jim smith's brilliants as a manager that got us success!!"

Dodgy Bob Maxwell's accountant was the one who showed real brillance !! How he covered up the fat crooks wrongdoings to enable you to sign the Aldridge's,Hebberds and Houghtons.
      I think you should be stripped of the Milk cup in the same way, Marseille had then honours wiped off, and they never left any pensioners in poverty.

• you seem to take a lot of interest in our glorious past , I think someone is well gel !!! Let's concentrate on the present and future , your doing well at the moment, we're doing shit . Long term for us looks bright I don't know about your lot . How's your attendances these days ?