Skip to content

Can't wait for Good Friday vs Oxford Utd!

Comments

• @spiritof86 All that matters is come friday you will have lost your cup final. We will be 3 points closer to automatic promotion and 1700 oxford fans will be wishing they hadn't bothered!

• You PNL fans cant resist talking about attendances can you ? but in your
    so called 'glorious past' you like many others tend to gloss over
    the number of paltry 6000 gates that you got in the top flight !!

• BSEBSE
    edited March 2015

@ChasHarps They have to talk about attendances its all the have to show in last 10 years, with the exception of one Promotion which was back into the football league. So glad I support Wycombe at least it's been interesting the past 10 years, play-offs twice, League Cup semi-finalists, Promoted Twice, Relegated Twice, the drama of last season and the promotion race we are involved in this year . All Oxford have managed in the past 10 years is get into league two and stagnate.

• edited March 2015

Oxford rivalry this season is of complete insignificance to WWFC for us it's just another game we need 3 points from.

• edited March 2015

Is your future looking bright? You seem like a decent enough chap so I don't mean this offensively.

You have Appleton in charge, who has a woeful record and seems like a below par manager.

Your board seem to be best mates with him so poor results won't see him out the door.

Your stadium is owned by someone else so you don't generate as much revenue from it as could, and you could find yourself homeless in the not so distant future.

Your attendances have been steadily declining.

Oxford City could be in the same league as you very soon.

• @spiritof86 said:
    you seem to take a lot of interest in our glorious past , I think someone is well gel !!! Let's concentrate on the present and future , your doing well at the moment, we're doing shit . Long term for us looks bright I don't know about your lot . How's your attendances these days ?

Yawn

• PNL second season in the top flight was littered with 6000 gates, only 5800 bothered to turn up to the home game v Sheff Wed in 88.
    With that potential, no wonder their kind old Uncle Kassam, only bothered to build 3 sided ground.

• Oh dear I mention attendances and you lot go on the attack, are we trying to mask your pitiful turnouts for a team who could win the league ! Ainsworth and his players deserve much better .

• Is there any point to all this point scoring? It's bad enough with the election looming up but then to find it on a supposed football forum as well; adds to the gloom.

• Swindling print workers out of pensions isn't most sane people's definition of 'glorious'.

• @spiritof86 said:
    Oh dear I mention attendances and you lot go on the attack, are we trying to mask your pitiful turnouts for a team who could win the league ! Ainsworth and his players deserve much better .

Dull

• I guess the local TV news will be out today in Oxford, filming the local bakers making giant commemorative cakes for the PNLers big match, council workers putting up bunting, special coaches being prepared, interviewing pub landlords who are opening early for big match breakfasts etc.

All very exciting.

• Give it a break 86. I hate these Easter school holidays!

• Just trying to gee you lot up a bit , your on the brink of promotion, very dull in bucks !!!

• @arnos_grove said:
    I guess the local TV news will be out today in Oxford, filming the local bakers making giant commemorative cakes for the PNLers big match, council workers putting up bunting, special coaches being prepared, interviewing pub landlords who are opening early for big match breakfasts etc.

All very exciting.

We've got church first thing good Friday but then we will invade little old Wycombe come lunch time ! Them girls in the White horse are going to make a fortune !

• edited April 2015

@spiritof86 You're only 1 post away from mentioning winning the milk cup aren't you? I can just feel it.

• He surely won't want to milk that. Is the "86" relevant in this context?

• edited April 2015

Also... your cult hero and everyone's least favourite Wiltshire inbred, James Cuntstubble, turned down a contract with you and fucked off to non-league Eastleigh. If that doesn't scream Oxford are PNL I don't know what does.

• Oxford fans are so excited about the white horse aswel they will be very disappointed when they get there with the rotten flesh sliding up and down a pole and the police presence outside ruining the atmosphere

• As the match is on Good Friday will there be a one minute silence to commiserate the PNL's three sided stadium...."Lord, they know not what they do.....it is finished".

• @spiritof86 said:
    We've got church first thing good Friday but then we will invade little old Wycombe come lunch time ! Them girls in the White horse are going to make a fortune !

Your mum giving you a lift?

• What's with the obsession with the White Horse?! Don't you have chicken dippers over the border? Or are you sat in the back with a coke and a bag of crisps whilst Mummy works?

• Of the many crimes PNL have committed surely this it.
    Slades Mo oh My was the first 12" single i ever bought,and i absolutely loved it.
    How could Noddy and Dave give permission to let the PNL's desecrate this classic ?????

• No way am I going to mention what happened on Sunday 20th April 1986 !

• Michael Jordan sets NBA playoff record with 63 points in a game
  • @spiritof86 said:
    No way am I going to mention what happened on Sunday 20th April 1986 !

We really don't actually care!

• If you want to talk about Oxford's Glorious past and previous managers then if you tolerate (Graham) Rix then your children will be next

• I admit we have one or two skeletons in the closset!!!

• Let's just hope we have a good game tomorrow

• We won't be parking no buses so I'm going for a exciting 2-2 draw .