Skip to content

Match day thread: Mansfield

124»

Comments

• Excuse me, Mister Pierre. Please may I have your autograph.

• Bad luck today. That was a hard loss to take, wasn't it?

• Nice to see you again, Aaron. Not your best game today, I thought, but hey ho, we can't always be perfect, right?

• We have all seen the behaviour of those goons at games both home and away. The irony of it is that Pierre had a decent game and has been a fantastic player for us over the last few years.

• Gosh, Aaron. I'm really feeling frustrated with how results are going at the moment. How about you?

• I'm a proper fan, Aaron. So stand there while I talk crap and abuse you. (This is my odds-on favourite currently.)

• Anyway, back to the actual game. I know we didn't play well, but I thought we played better than Mansfield who were equally poor (apart from the keeper) and played equally dire football. On another day we would've scored 2 or 3 easily. It is a real shame. I was impressed with all of the defenders today, and no-one in the team played particularly badly. More the style of play that was wrong.

• @Aylesburyblue , sounds more like it, than 1 on his own.
    Brave in a gang.

• @WanderingDays . I agree about us. I thought Mansfield looked a nice, footballing side in the first half. In the second, they did absolutely nothing except clear their lines. Their centre backs were strong and effective v. Bayo and they were brave. But we were miles better!

• edited April 2017

I have to agree with Gaz post-match with regard to second half, we were all over them and did everything except score. Sadly, they did. Considering the way their bench behaved I'm not sure red-faced overweight Evans is going to last much longer...arguing about every single decision in a pointlessly aggressive manner. Surprised they came out second after the abuse the fourth official got.